cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Line reprofiled. Sync speed sees big improvement, download speed not.

5 REPLIES 5
Popular Poster

Greetings! I recently had my line reprofiled after loosing speed due to various line works on the street. The reprofile seemed to go well and the line has now been synced at 60mb for about a week with no problems or disconnects. However the download speed I am getting seems to be set fast at 45mb. I was wondering if this might be due to my IP profile and if someone would be kind enough to check it for me. Thank you in advance.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Sync is showing at 58mb and is within the speed range.  Profile settings are set correctly at 80mb.

Run a couple of wired (not wireless) speed tests at http://www.supportal-test.co.uk/

Log these results with your full home phone number so we can see the results.

Thanks

Karl. 

Popular Poster

I have submitted a couple of tests. I expect it's just contention and the age of the line then. I do appreciate you taking the time to check, so thank you for that Karl. I know plenty of people with worse internet than me so I shouldn't be ungrateful I guess. Drat those bandwidth hungry teenagers!

Hi Mistajista,

Thanks for confirming this. Could you try switching your router off for a full 30 minutes and then retest and let us know if there is any improvement in speed?

If the sync speed is much higher than the throughput speeds then switching the router off for a full 30 minutes can sometimes resolve this as it clears the session.

Thanks

Popular Poster

Thanks for that piece of advice Michelle. Now seeing 54mb download on the test. A big improvement indeed. Thank you to everyone else who helped also. 

Hi Mistajista

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie