cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My vhdsl is set to a maximum speed of 70MB speed but the sync since install 4 days ago has dropped

andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor
Yea but got 65meg at moment but speed test was 45 and interleaving is on as pings up highly, bear in mind on ads 2 was 18.5 meg bnc ping 12 ms it's not well not line, this recording daily so they can see trend configure that screwed they also gave me tiscale ip
andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor
Yea but got 65meg at moment but speed test was 45 and interleaving is on as pings up highly, bear in mind on ads 2 was 18.5 meg bnc ping 12 ms it's not well not line, this recording daily so they can see trend configure that screwed they also gave me tiscally ip
andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor

it screwed completely by monday its now 3 weeks since install  this needs sorting was promised enmgineer call on frday never got what is going on here is my speeedtest.net results for a 65 meg connection I ask again do you guys and openreach actually know what you are doing.

This si now becoming a watchdog issue and an ofcom issue . like previouly woudl like a copy of your liabilty insurance cert please as now i am considering sueing you.youahve till tuesday at the latets to fix the issue.

enclosed is photo of speed test for fibrelarge with 65 meg conection showing im on tiscali ip when it should be on talk talk.

this is rediculus so sync goes up but you cannt get the throughput correct , this is useless.

Has any work since last modnay been down on this as i gelive you ahev done nothing bar pass onto a dfferent department.

Telling me its in the hands of the engineers is to a good enough ansower now i want to know exactly what is going on telehone support have comfirmed its not meeting its spec what next

heres sync figures again

I am now  greeting angry and stressed over this as i need an internet connection for my work as well , and may adsl2 was more stabale than this.

The contract is not being met at present

DSL synchronization status :

Up
Connection status :
Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s) :
Downstream line rate (kbit/s) :
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s) :
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s) :
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB) :
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB) :
Upstream interleave depth :
Downstream interleave depth :
Line standard :
VDSL
Upstream line attenuation (dB) :
Downstream line attenuation (dB) :
Upstream output power (dBm) :
Downstream output power (dBm) :
Channel type :
None

speedtest1.jpg
andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor

now started posting results on thinkbroadband  pages as well

andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor

router off for 2 hrs throughput increased fine now 61.5Mb throughput for 65MB sync still needs sorting and i do want to know what has been done behind scenes as I still have not had the engineer phone call was promised for friday morn

ping still bad

looks like it is the fttc cabinet/port dslam  with fault

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\andy>ping bbc.co.uk

Pinging bbc.co.uk [212.58.246.103] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 212.58.246.103: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=54
Reply from 212.58.246.103: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=54
Reply from 212.58.246.103: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=54
Reply from 212.58.246.103: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 212.58.246.103:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 27ms, Maximum = 28ms, Average = 27ms

C:\Users\andy>

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3912622276.png

router stats

DSL synchronization status :

Up
Connection status :
Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s) :
Downstream line rate (kbit/s) :
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s) :
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s) :
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB) :
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB) :
Upstream interleave depth :
Downstream interleave depth :
Line standard :
VDSL
Upstream line attenuation (dB) :
Downstream line attenuation (dB) :
Upstream output power (dBm) :
Downstream output power (dBm) :
Channel type :
None
jr20089v2x2x2x
Wise Owl

your on about sueing a company thats not giving you up to 78mb

its an upto product there is no garantee you will get that as openreach control the DLM thats likely where your issue has come from as DLM is seeing high error seconds and slowing you down

65MB is not a bad speed if im honest by any standards but i can see why you would be complaining about it as you was getting 70MB

but 5mb drop isnt a lot plus the forum staff here dont work real time or weekends as a rule so bare with them they will get back to you

plus a ping of 27ms wont effect anytthing in the real world

as i game on xbox live and have no issues what so ever and also get a 27ms ping

andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor

It's not contstart at one point I was at 42 MBwhen the end came a put me on a new line the ping was 12 ms next day it was 30 ms  the fact is they have not fixed the issue and they still have not , since monday fix to be confirmed . Should have beencontacting me  on Friday , no sigo of him an the half day without pay cos of them . They charge us if where no here , the sun is its not worked correct and stable from day one if I sue but first imam putting a claim on there liability insurance if they fail to provide policy details there in breach of companies act , that men's report to of com and jail for directors . Simples everyday an hour on phone chasing them getting no where. Had enough they have said it's not my fault , they have refunded install fees which is admittance of guilt , I am now waiting to see what happens . Next . I am willing to apply to courts to have the bank accounts frozen until this matter is rectified. That means nobody gets paid by them I've had enough I'm not terminating the contract I am findng them for failure to comply with  it and keeping the contract in force so they have to fix it . If they close the contract buy out fee will be 10 million easy 

andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor

27 milliseconds is not bad but the faster three pone esp on fps games onight pc the better the hit collision , so if I can get a better ping like I had before the better it is. I've been a semi pro gamer since 1990 and yes I also am an it engineer . Hence semi pro 

jr20089v2x2x2x
Wise Owl

im not being horrible here but are you dreaming ?

do you honestly think one person is going to effect a multi billion dollar company ?

im just being as blunt as i can be there as loads of people have issues and the only outcome they get is either to end there contract early and go with someone else or just wait for a resolution to be found a ping of 30+ms dont effect anything in the real world and i game every moment i get and am also in the IT industry

sorry if that sounded like i was having a go but its true anyone on this forum will tell you that 1 person isnt going to effect talktalk

now on the other side of it yes i can see your point about the ping being a bit high for fibre as id expect it to be less as i had less over ADSL but its errelevent unless its up in the 50+ms ping range

the reason your having problems getting it lowered is talktalk have no control over the fibre line its openreach who does and there DLM isnt removeable like it was for the ADSL service

plus its a good thing it isnt as if our SNR fell off to far we would loose are service and not get it back untill it stabled again

but like i said hold tight now and an OCE will get back to you soon

as for the insurance thing talktalk will never share that with us as why would they ? we are paying for an upto service that your getting if it was a no service at all problem then you would get a refund for the time the service was down a ping issue isnt something they likely care about

wow im going to wrap it up there as im turning it in to a book lol

but good luck 🙂

Community Team

Hi andythebrave

This fault is still under further investigation with our Network Team.

We can raise a complaint to our CEO's Office, would you like us to arrange this?

Please can you also add an alternative contact number to your Community profile.

Thanks

Debbie

andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor

thanks debbie

yes please do as no engineer call still alternative number put there but thats on acount as had to deal with phone suppoort anyhw but still no joy no calls. now 3 weeks he speed is ncreasing ut the ping is not correct , and at weekeend had to swithc routre of for 2 hrs as thrughput was 42 but sync 65 Mbs after 2hrs through[put came up but i think i jhave already mentioned that.

andy

andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor

legal requiremen for all compnaies to have liabilty r=insurance and to supply if so requested insurer and policy number

Community Team

Hi, I've escalated this to the CEO team for you. You should hear from a complaint manager within 5 working days.

andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor
I still would likely update what's been.done, andcitsxtakem still expectbit fixed
andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor
I still would likely update what's been.done, and i still expect it fixed as I am getting no feedback apart from.itsxwith network team
jr20089v2x2x2x
Wise Owl

the reason why the only update is its with the network team is because thats the last update so far

its a matter of waiting unfortunutly or await the CEO contact

andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor

i know its with the network team they said ealrier tbut for over week they done nothing

Community Team

Hi andythebrave

Apologies we have no further updates on this fault at present. This fault is still with our Network Team.

Our CEO's Office will be able to provide further updates on this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor

for john network oce please ignore for now phone to you

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\andy>tracert google.co.uk

Tracing route to google.co.uk [74.125.230.120]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  router [192.168.1.1]
  2    19 ms    19 ms    18 ms  host-80-47-72-1.as13285.net [80.47.72.1]
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4    19 ms    19 ms    19 ms  host-78-151-225-112.static.as13285.net [78.151.2
25.112]
  5    27 ms    28 ms    27 ms  host-78-144-8-21.as13285.net [78.144.8.21]
  6    27 ms    27 ms    27 ms  72.14.242.127
  7    27 ms    27 ms    27 ms  209.85.246.248
  8    27 ms    27 ms    27 ms  72.14.238.185
  9    27 ms    27 ms    27 ms  lhr14s24-in-f24.1e100.net [74.125.230.120]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\andy>

andythebrave
Super Duper Contributor

this old asdsl2 ping

Microsoft Windows
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\AMD965be>ping bbc.co.uk

Pinging bbc.co.uk with 32 bytes of data&colon;
Reply from 212.58.224.138: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=117

Ping statistics for 212.58.224.138:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 12ms, Maximum = 12ms, Average = 12ms

C:\Users\AMD965be>
the exchange is coppull