Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New 38mb net fifa delay problem

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi i upgraded to 38mb i tried fifa 15 online and i get really bad delay like players not responding  to my button presses, can any of  you guys help?

upstream line rate - 2000

upstream line rate - 39000

upstream nosie 28.3

downstream noise 27.1

upstream interleave 0

downstream intervale 0

line standard vdsl

upstream line attenuation 11.7

downstream line attenuatiion 7

upstream output power -3.3

downstream output power - 12.9

interleave depth 0

Highlighted
Community Star

Those connection stats are first-rate. What device are you using to play FIFA 15? Is it connected to your router via ethernet cable, or wifi?

Highlighted
Chat Champion

ethernet and ps4 i just ran a dns benchmark and it says my current dns server is 66 percent slower than the recomenned one , ill change and see if it solves my problem

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Also to note i have run a few ping tests and its saying cant test packetloss i have turned firewall of on both router and pc 

Highlighted
Community Star

I wouldn't recommend turning your router firewall off, save perhaps while running specific tests. For what it's worth, my son's PS4 seems to prefer Google DNS servers to those dished out by TalkTalk.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

No luck with dns ill try a few things tomorrow 

Highlighted
Chat Champion

heres a trace to ea servers 

route.png

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi guys,

I have had this FIFA delay/slow reactions problem for just over two years. I was with BT Infinity but had TalkTalk installed yesterday morning. I was hoping the problem would go away but it still exists. I will post my traceroute later but looking at yours cjenks11 mine is pretty much identical. 645 of the 646 packets are recieved ones the connection reaches the EA servers on your traceroute. Mine is the same with the same 100% packet loss at the same IP addresses. Surely all the packets not going through is the problem and causes the slow reactions? Im no expert in this stuff but I hope the mods here are more useful than the ones at BT.
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Had a few games today 4 out of 5 had delay and just had one match at 17:30 sunday and i had zero button lag it felt perfect !!!

Edit: make that two perfect games is there any diffrence in my connection from 17:30? edit:  18:11 third game perfect up until 70mins noticed a lag spike then delay slightly returned , ill play a few more games later and report back.

Edit :played games from 8pm up until 10pm i noticed a single lag spike then had the delay then when the lag spike came back it went smooth again.

Highlighted
Team Player

I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I had a game which was smooth with no delay. I play on PS4 now, had the same problem on xbox one and xbox 360. My brother who has ps4 plays fine and he is palying on wirelessly like me. When we had BT Infinity his was fine as well. I think it's something to do with that prolexic company, before that it used to be level 3 now its them. As you can see from my traceroute I seem to loss a packet or two when it gets to the servers, SURELY this is causing all the problems?  

traceroute ea 11 jan 2015.jpg
Highlighted
Team Player

Could someone take a look at my traceroute above please

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi manutdimy / cjenks11

In my experience EA servers can be notoriously flaky. Do you get lag on all games?  or is it only Fifa ?

If its just Fifa then, A search on the Fifa forum seems to indicate that if you turn off UPnP in the router,  this seemed to work for some users, can you try this and let us know. 

Regards

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi there, 

thanks for the reply, It is only FIFA this happens on, I had another EA game Battlefield and that used to be fine for me so it is weird, also my brother plays the same game on a different ps4 and has no issues like me. I had the same issues with BT Infinity when I had an xbox 360 and when I had xbox one and now ofcourse still on the PS4. I will turn off UPNP to see if that works, I tried that on the BT homehub when i was with them and it made no difference. 

Are you sure you aren't referring to the recent issue before xmas about slow and laggy FIFA menu screens and gameplay? Because I think the solution to that was to turn of UPNP and that is a different sort of problem to mine.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Waited 13 days for a reply to a thread that i created then someone else gets a response.......

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi cjenks11

Sorry I forgot to include you in the reply which was meant for both of you.  

Sorry again

Highlighted
Chat Champion

My issue has changed now slightly , like last night im playing fine then get one lag spike then the delay returns until i get another lag spike then the delay goes , i get this issue every game. Also i tried the free talktalk youview box catch up and i kept getting non stop buffering every 15 seconds.

Highlighted
Team Player

Turned UPNP off and played a game, made no difference, my players did stupid things and the gameplay was still awful

Highlighted
Philosopher
The biggest problem is neither talk talk or yourselves have any influence on the servers in the middle where it goes horribly wrong, it may be worth changing your MTU in the router, this controls packet size and can sometimes improve things, set MTU to 1392 in router for example and test.
Highlighted
Team Player

I will try that mate, can I just say thanks to all you guys replying so quickly, I was lucky if I got any sort of reply on the BT forums at all!

Highlighted
Team Player

How do you change the MTU size? I have the Huawei HG635 router, can't find it in any of the settings