NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fast Fibre account suddenly cancelled for no reason (didn't switch!) after 20 days

robmellor87
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

So I am messaging here in the hope I might get some clarification to which I have had none of via phone and IM-chat support. 

I had emails yesterday informing me I had chosen to cancell my service and that it had been disconnected. I have no idea why, I have only just got the service connected 20 days ago after moving into a new flat. No one could tell me the origin of this cancellation and I then had to setup a brand new service/account/credit check/direct debit all over again and now have to wait 12 days to get connected again. Why on earth I couldn't just be reconnected instantly is a mystery to me. The call centre agent also lied and said I would probably go live in the next couple days despite a date set of the 12th, but i know know this is no true at all. 

No one i speak too can tell me definitively whether you will be chasing me for ealry cancellation fees from my 1st order, nor can you tell me if I will be refunded for the loss of service due to this bizzare cancellation. 

Quite shocked at 1) how bad the customer support is and 2) how glitchy the website is to use

Pretty deflated overall, had Virgin Fibre in the past and never had a single issue. Anything any TalkTalk agents vewing this can do to at least clarify any of the above points?

3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi 

Thanks for updating your profile. 

Ive looked into the account and its very strange from out of nowhere we received a cancellation request on the 29th Niovember to cancel the line, clearly this was a mistake and should not have been processed. 

This has generated a cancellation fee, which I will raise a credit to clear that when its applied. 

Once your new service is back up, please post on here and I will add a credit for the loss of service caused by this. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Done.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes