Need help?

New IP address

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
xeonwales
Participant

Hey all,

How do i get a new extrnal IP address?? I currently cannot access services such as bbc iplayer, netflix or sky go when connected to talktalk. They all claim im using a IP outside the UK.

If i connect via a VPN, they work. This is also stopping me connecting to the playstation network.

I have tried leaving my router off for 2 hours, but it just got the same IP address.

Highlighted
Keithgraham
Popular Poster
Solution
To get a new IP address on fibre means leaving the router off for a very long time, even overnight is often not long enough. A method that works instantly for me is - log into your superouter, then under internet>internet connection click edit and change connection type from ip routing(ip) to ip routing(ppp) and click save. The connection will then be lost. Repeat the process changing back to ip routing(ip) - the original settings - and save again, you will get a new connection and a new ip address.
Highlighted
xeonwales
Participant
Solution

Thank you!!

All services now working, and i have a new IP address.

Thank you a million times over friend

@Keithgraham wrote:
To get a new IP address on fibre means leaving the router off for a very long time, even overnight is often not long enough. A method that works instantly for me is - log into your superouter, then under internet>internet connection click edit and change connection type from ip routing(ip) to ip routing(ppp) and click save. The connection will then be lost. Repeat the process changing back to ip routing(ip) - the original settings - and save again, you will get a new connection and a new ip address.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi xeonwales,

I'm glad to hear keithgraham's advice as helped 🙂

Chris