NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, Applaing fibre speed and appaling customer service -- please help!!!

nasimd
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

Regrettably I left Plusnet and joined Talk Talk on 15th of March and have had nothing but useless, lying offshore agents dealing with issues – my line was activated and the router was never sent hence without internet for 2 days -- I work from home and was unable to attend video calls, sent emails to clients and complete any work!

We had a death in the family and although I noticed slow internet speed and losing connection intermittently, I could not report it immediately.   When I did report it, time upon time 40-50 mins are wasted, useless Indian technical team who tell me they need to disconnect the talk to perform checks and that someone will call back,  Yet nobody calls back.  When I complained they said someone would in 5 days …. 5 days unacceptable.

I am paying for fibre yet getting Download speed of 14.35 Mb, 0.97Mb upload,
193 ms ping time.

I feel like I’m going to have a nervous breakdown if I have to deal within another offshore agent.  If I had known Talk Talk are all offshore I would NEVER taken a contract.  Stuck for 18 month with appalling speed, rubbish useless customer service.  Talk Talk should be banned from operating such appalling service!

CAn someone please provide a useful UK contact number so I can get proper help?  I should not be charged fibre rates for appaling speed

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi nasimd

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know how you get on following the BT Openreach engineer visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Chris,

An engineer came today.  Tested the router/plugged in a new one and no change.  STill receiving intermittant speeds.  An openreach engineer has been booked for Friday.  Will keep you informed.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 9

Hi nasimd,

I've ordered a replacement router, please allow 3-5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi 

I don't have another router. My previous router was from plusnet and this doesn't work with the talk talk line.

I had some guests staying over at the weekend. One of them connected his iPhone to the wifi. ..He seemed to get the right speed (35). But others in the household had been receiving lower speeds exactly the same time(between 13 and 19)

Software on the phone were upto date and devices only a year old.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi nasimd,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-checked the connection stats and the connection looks stable and the sync speed looks consistent.

Just to confirm, have you ever tested with an alternative router? If not then let us know and we can arrange to send a replacement router to see how the speeds compare.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

HI Chris,

I had to cancel the engineer visit as I was asked to keep an eye on the speed and was warned that I'd be charged £60 if the engineer had not found a fault.  On the run up to the visit I checked the speed in the evenings (as it was the only time I was home and it was between 30 -37 mbps) hence I cancelled the visit.

However following that the speed fluctuated immensely.  On 27th April I was working from home and had no internet connection at all.!! Called the technical help and they made some adjustment.  Speed check performed and it was 37 mbps.

Following the call I have been keeping a record:

27/04  10:30 37 mbps

28/04   00:40 18mbps

28/04   01:00 17.4 mbps upload 9 mpbs

28/04   07:23 17.7 mbps

28/04   09:48 19.8 mbps

28/04   15:12 18.5 mbps

28/04   15:16 36.7 mbps

29/04   00:00 31.1 mbps

01/05   18:00 11.8 mbps upload 8.8 mbps*** Fault manager called and tweaked the line

01/05   19:45 12.5 mbps upload 5.1

01/05   22:45 19.8 mbps

02/05 07:15 19.4 mbps 9.0
02/05 21:55 19.6 mbps 9.2
03/05 05:30 18.1 mbps 9.0
03/05 07:30 17.9
04/05 00:10 19 mbps  9.9 upload
04/05 08:20 18.8
04/05 11:00 13.4 mbps 9.1
04/05 11:40 13.4 mbps
04/05 11:40 5.9 mbps ** Fault manager called and router setting were tweaked again
04/05 12:30 13.3 mbps

I received 2 calls and there has been absolutely no improvement... it actually worse.  I'm 2 months into my contract -- why Im I being chrges superfact fibre rates when there is nothing fast about it?  As a matter on fact people on standard broadband get a better service.

Is there anything, anyone on this forum can do?  I got sucked in all teh sales talk about the fantastic service, advanced router and reliable speeds -- its all rubbish.  I cant believe I have another 16 months to go before my get out of jail card!

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi nasimd,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service and are unhappy with the support you're received. 

Line test is passing and sync speed is 40Mbps but I can see that there were a number of reconnections on the 14th and one on the 15th, otherwise pretty stable over the last few days. I can see an engineer visit has now been arranged, please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @nasimd

I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs who are UK based to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

0 Likes