Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Open reach cable break near Croydon exchange - no service since 24 July

9 REPLIES 9
Giovannat
Participant

good morning. Sooooooo frustrated.  My services have been down since Tuesday.  I have nothing at home.

Customer services have either been dismissive or rude.

unable to access open reach directly as keep referring me back to talk talk.

work from home so losing money.

kids at home for summer holidays, so having to use additional funds to keep entertained. (Yes we do go out)

its like a ghost town regarding getting a response.

dont understand difference re "cable break" and "outage" which apparently covers the Croydon area.

also don't understand why virgin and sky customers are ok.

really really don't know what else to do.  So need to leave this supplier 

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @Giovannat

I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Giovannat
Participant

Thank you.  This site seems to get responses to problems.  Have a blessed day

Giovannat
Participant

The My Account service will be unavailable from 7:31 pm on Saturday 28th July until 8:00 am on Sunday 29th July while we perform some essential maintenance.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Tried to get hold of them today and got this message.  So now cannot even check whether my internet service is back on.  How utterly convenient.

Giovannat
Participant

Still no phone, interest or tv.
tried to contact talk talk to get update on continued lack of services and low and behold got this message.
"The My Account service will be unavailable from 7:31 pm on Saturday 28th July until 8:00 am on Sunday 29th July while we perform some essential maintenance.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."
Utter joke.

KeithFrench
Community Star

What about online chat or calling the service centre?

Community Team

Hi Giovannat,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've checked and the latest update advises that the estimated completion date is for 04/08. Could you bump this thread (request an update) in 48hrs and we an re-check to see if there are any additional updates or changes.

Thanks

Giovannat
Participant

Dear sir /madam

I am a talk talk customer,  making use of your broadband and home telephone line.  Was waiting to upgrade to tv package as well.

Since the 24th July 2018 all my services went down and have not been repaired since.

I was initially advised that there was an outage at the exchange due to a cable break.  I was told that open reach engineers were dealing with this and once completed my services would return.

In the interim a bright sparks engineer attended my home and stated that my equipment was ok.  He checked the micro filter which was fine as I do not have a master socket in the house.

I have made use of the telephone help line and the live chat line on a daily.basis since.   I have copies of the email transcripts on all my contact with the live chat line.

Each time I either got an incompetent dismissive / rude rep or one who spent hours, literally, checking things but not resolving anything. 

I have an open complaint which continues to remain unresolved.   I have not had a manager call back as your policy states.

I was told today that there is no longer an outage and that now there is a fault on the line and that this needs to be investigated,  but they cannot - live chat rep - book the appointment as the issue is.open to their fault management team and if I insist on the engineer appointment I would have to pay for it.  Therefore have no idea what is happening. 

I am at my wits end.  I have developed mental health issues and my life has been put at risk.  Due to my.partner not believing what is happening and becoming so frustrated, as we both work from home due to disabilities,  that I suffered an assault from him which I reported to the police. 

I am having to go round to my fried home to use her wifi and Internet.  Everyone is fed up with all of this.

Help me

I have tried to get another provider but been told that this would result in a charge to me.  So I am stuck. 

Please help.

obscured for customer security

Giovannat
Participant

Hi 

Apparently the break has been  fixed.  Never advised of this.

Now I have the problem that my case has been transferred to fault management team and to get any update I have to call a premium rate line to find out what is happening ad now they say I have a fault at my home address.  I cannot do this as I have no credit and landlines not working.  Therefore I cannot ascertain if an engineer is coming or is needed.

Live chat line has been completely unhelpful and rude.

Seems that I am being punishment for having an open complaint. 

Twice management were supposed to call and never do.

At my wits end with this.

Any help you can offer will be appreciated 

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Giovannat 

I'm sorry to hear this.

The notes on the fault ticket advise that our Network Team have contacted you and will be contacting you today to check on this fault.

Thanks

Debbie