cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Port Forwarding on New Sagemcom Fast 5364 Issue

Highlighted
Popular Poster

The logs are hidden and don't function because TalkTalk disabled them.

The hub has partner profiles built into it such as TalkTalk, BT, Sunrise, Bell & Telus. These profiles allow an ISP to easily enable or disable specific features.

So the hub can do a lot more than TalkTalk currently allows it to. It'd be easy for them to enable the options and release a new firmware within a few days too, but we both know that that won't happen.

TalkTalk needs to optimise the options that they've selected as there's a lot that need to be restored and a dozen that should be correctly disabled. For example, intwo, twonkyLink, callLogCallOption, phonebookAddShowNumber, answeringMachine & everything calling related should be disabled. Currently TalkTalk's deleted various HTML pages instead, which results in a lot path errors.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @TechGuy

All TalkTalk routers will have TalkTalk firmware installed specifically to work with our network and systems.  If a customer does not wish to use the router provided or is unhappy with the current firmware, they are more than welcome to supply their own device, and we do see a lot of customers with their own equipment for many different reasons.

I would ask however that you do not post links or information to encourage others to attempt to change firmware settings as not all our customers are as technicaly adept as you and may unintentionally damage their router.

If you do have suggestions for future firmware development, by all means, PM this directly to me and I'll pass this to our devices teams.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

@OCE_Karl wrote:

If you do have suggestions for future firmware development, by all means, PM this directly to me and I'll pass this to our devices teams. 

Hey Karl,

I'd like to send you a few suggestions, but I can't because when I select "Send Message" it'll redirect me to a page that says "Private Messages" and there's no options to input text or the recipient.

You probably already know that I'd like all of these options to be restored, but I'd also suggest restoring QoS and the VPN options. I know that both of these options existed in the stock firmware.

In my previous post I also mentioned that you should clean up the firmware by restoring various pages and disabling the unnecessary config options e.g. intwo, twonkyLink, callLogCallOption, phonebookAddShowNumber, answeringMachine & everything calling related. If you did this then there might be far less errors logged to the browsers console.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi,

Wow do you setup port forwarding if you need external port set to any (or random)?