NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting landline number VoIP

jdx90
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Just looking into VoIP and SipGate basic - they advise that you can port existing landline numbers to their VoIP service and route calls to your number etc.

If I was to go ahead and do this, would this affect my TT service with fibre broadband? How would it work once my landline number is on a VoIP platform? Would I receive a new number for the landline (this I do not mind).

Advice would be great, 

thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi jdx90

I agree with Ferguson, by porting the number away, it would be seen as a cancellation request, (this would carry a cancellation fee also)

You would then need to reorder the service with us as a New line with a new number. 

Sorry. 

0 Likes

jdx90
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 7

Thank you - I would wish to remain with TalkTalk but ideally have my phone service via VoIP service.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

To be honest the only way I can see you proceeding as you seem to wish i.e. if you want to transfer your existing number to a VOIP service is: migrate your existing TalkTalk service; start a new TalkTalk service. 

I have flagged this up to the support team to advise further and moved it to the Billing section, it is not a phone issue as such.

0 Likes

jdx90
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 7

Can TalkTalk not issue a new phone number leaving my existing one to move over to SipGate?

All my package includes is broadband and line only. I should be free to have my phone number used with a different provider? 

Or can I ask TalkTalk for a new line and would that carry a fee?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Your TalkTalk broadband service is bundled with and delivered down your phoneline. You cannot port your phone number independently of your broadband service.

0 Likes

jdx90
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 7

Is anyone able to help with this?

Cheers

0 Likes