Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Replacement Router wont sync

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
chrisftw92
Conversation Starter

Hi, my superrouter died on Sunday and a replacement just arrived. I plugged it in and logged onto it with my laptop and noticed that it wont sync. I phoned customer services who told me to open a browser and try and go to talktalks homepage and was stumped at the thought that it was the router and not my laptop that isnt connecting to the internet. 

I phoned again and got through to a woman who told me to open my browser, log onto the router settings, do absolutley nothing to them, open another browser and try and go on the internet & when I told her that the webpage wouldnt load her suggestion was to turn the router off and turn it back on in half an hour and it will work. 

Does anyone have an idea at what is wrong with this new router? 

ferguson
Community Star

Are all the lights on the router green? Can you copy and paste the data from the Check my Internet Connection > DSL Connection Status page?

chrisftw92
Conversation Starter
Solution

Thanks for the reply but I have managed to fix it. Seems that the new router didnt like the filter that the BT engineer put on my wall. Swapped it out for one from the box and its decided to work. 

ferguson
Community Star

That was going to be my next suggestion!  :smileywink:  Glad it's sorted.