NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not talking too Talktalk 'Tech Support team', advice.

Pacman69
Chat Champion
Message 12 of 12

Hi all,

Just hoping for some advice on any settings etc. I can check on my router.

For the last four days ( out of the blue ) I've had no conection or at best about 1 Meg, download speed. ( My Avg' is about 11 meg normaly ) I've tried a number of things rebooting the router, changing filters etc but it's not got any better.  So I've loged it with Talktalk, got a helpfull call from a Lady on their Tech support team. She did some remote testing on my line etc and advised me my router is not actioning commands correctley from Talktalks systems nor was she able to log onto it.   She belives it was a fault on my router and is sending me a replacment router, great a fix nice and quick I thought.

Next the lady pointed out the it's Christmas and they don't have a weekend delivery service so guessing I might be waiting about a week for the new router!!!! OMG A WEEK WITHOUT THE NET!!!!!!

So I was thinking is thier any settings I can check / change that will start the router talking to Talktalk correctley?

Thanks

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

There are notes on your account that a call was attempted at 9am this morning.

Thanks

Karl. 

0 Likes

Pacman69
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 12

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk,

Not sure if you can clear this up for me or not.....

I recived a call reportedley from 'Talktalk' this morning at the time I thought it was a scam so hung up. I reported it via the Check and Report service ( see https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Check-and-Report/08009555511/m-p/2093589#M4 ) , now I'm not sure if it was Talktalk with an update about this live fault with Openreach / Talktalk.

Please can you confirm if it was Talktalk trying to contact me with an update that I've been after?

Thanks

Packman.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi

By will only perform emergency works across the bank holidays so this will cause a small delay to any repair work.

Thanks

Karl. 

0 Likes

Pacman69
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 12

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk,

Thank you for working on my line and improving the speed.

The lady who picked up the fault on our line advised she'd past it to Openreach for repair  She did tell me however I'd get updates via text on the work, so far all I had yesterday was a text saying "an enginger was unable to fix your fault and it's been esculated. We'll contact you and advise of the next steps".  So far I've heard nothing more I'm guessing with new year it will be late this week before I hear???

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi

I've optimised the line but the most recent test was picking up a battery contact fault on the line.  This usually means that surplus voltage has been detected on the line. There can be many causes for this, line coming into contact with another, wet joints etc.  This will impact the broadband services and cause errors.  Once BT resolve we can then retest with you.

Thanks

Karl. 

0 Likes

Pacman69
Chat Champion
Message 6 of 12

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk,

Just a quick update / info request....

My new/replacment router a "Talktalk Huawi Super Router HG635" arrived yesterday morrning ( I'm not sure if this is a new model then my old "Talktalk D- Link DSL-3782" or not, can you advise?).

I quickly fitted it and did a speed test, which reported it was 7.5meg ish.  This was a bit faster but still not as fast as before.  I contacted talktalk help desk, a helpfull chap advised he could now see / change settings on my replacment router ( One fix done, Yipeeee! ) and he manged to do a few changes but nothing changed here.  He advised that 8 meg is acceptable for my connection dispate this he aggreed to pass my fault to a second line support team.

I recived an arranged call back late yesterday from an Talktalk agent.  She found the Firmware on the new router was out of date ( she quickly updated it ), she also did more indepth tests which she advised showed a fault outside of our house.  She's assigned it to Openreach but advised due to Christmas etc she said it might not be fixed till Wednesday, so hopfully my speed will go up more from the 8.7meg speed I'm getting this morning.

I'd also like to ask if you can advise abit more detail what the fault is, just for my neredy side.

Thanks

Pacman.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi

No Problem 🙂

Test when the new router arrives and let me know if there is any improvement in performance.

Karl 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hello @Karl-TalkTalk,

Thanks for checking on your end @Karl-TalkTalk.

I've done a few talktalk speed tests from this end over the course of today and our conection seems stable at the moment at bettwen 6.5 & 7 meg, which confirms your post.  The speed test also reports however that the router is reciving 8.5meg  for the same period.

I hope this should remain the case untill the replacment router arrives and we got back to 11-12meg.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hello @KeithFrench,

The Router is a Talktalk ( D- Link DSL-3782 ).

The lights on the front all look normal when we have a very slow speed.

During the day we get swings in speed upto about 7 meg down to a 0.1 meg.

Hope that helps.

Pacman.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 12

Hi

I'm showing the router in sync at 9.2mb for the last 11 hours.

How has the connection been ?

Thanks

Karl. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it) and what firmware version is it running?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

0 Likes