cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slower fibre speed after installing new wifi hub.

ANSWERED
Team Player

Thank you for your reply and explaining what could possibly be a solution to the problem.The WiFi hub is the second one I have tried and the speeds achieved are the same as the original.However what you are saying makes sense and I will wait for further developments regarding the issue and persevere with the new hub as I am sure it may eventually give me a better connection. Once again thank you for your reply it is much appreciated.

Yorky678

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Yorky678 

Our Products Team have replied with the following:

Firstly, I’d suggest this is a sync speed issue, and not a wifi speed issue.

There was certainly a drop in sync speed when the customer connected the Wifi Hub

However, the line history shows a decline in sync speeds over the last few months, before the Wifi Hub was connected. This could simply be a degrading line. 

Would it be possible for us to do check the line data today if you are able to connect and re connect different routers?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

Hi Debbie

Unfortunately I will not be available today to change the routers. However if you could give me a time scale I will be available tomorrow first thing . Hope this is convenient.

Yorky678.

Hi Yorky678

Thanks for your reply.

OCE_Karl can complete this testing with you tomorrow. What time tomorrow is best for you?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

Hi Debbie

First thing tomorrow would be fine.

Is 9 am. Ok?

Yorky678.

Hi Yorky678

Thanks for your reply.

@OCE_Karl will be looking at the line stats and will post back on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi @Yorky678

Are you able to connect the WiFi Hub now so I can take a snapshot of the current stats.

Thanks

Karl. 

Team Player

Hi Karl 

I have carried out speed tests this morning and they are much improved Ethernet is 23mbps and WiFi is22.2mbps. I will log into router now but not sure what you require me to do. 

Yorky678

Team Player

Hi Karl 

I do not know what adjustments you made yesterday but the WiFi hub is now giving speeds comparable to those of the HG633. Thank you for your efforts.

Yorky678.

Hi

Glad this is back to normal.  I don't think the issue was with the Hub, but more related to DLM settings on the line.

Thanks

Karl. 

Team Player

Hi Karl

Once again Thank you for your help. It is good to know that support is always available on the forum. It can be very frustrating when trying to deal with the technical team over the phone. If I need any assistance in the future and they cannot resolve the problem I will certainly post on the forum.

Yorky678.

Hi Yorky678,

You're very welcome 🙂 If there is anything else then just give us a shout 🙂

Thanks