For the last 7 days my TalkTalk youview box gets stuck on start up every time I try and use it. I have to switch it off at the back for 10 minutes then turn it on again for it to work.
It also seems to be slow to respond when pressing buttons etc.
TalkTalk Support what is going on?
Please advise how to fix it?
Also, when are we going to get the latest youview firmware?
(Basically the issues I'm facing are described by other users in this thread:- youview issue )
The box is useless and not fit for purpose, a youview box is to watch TV on, not a "start up screen".
Why when others have the same issue has no firmware fix been provided or correspondance been sent to acknowledge the issue?
I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing problems with the YouView Box.
The problem with the YouView Box loading is under investigation, could you please try restoring the YouView Box to see if this clears the problem. If you are still having problems then could you please provide some availability so we can arrange a BrightSpark Engineer.
Please note we would not recommend using the below for any other issue than what you are experiencing. Although you can keep your recordings you will lose any scheduled recordings and reminders.
1. Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).
2. Power on YouView using button at the back of YouView Box.
3. Start YouView using the power button on the YouView Box front panel, and then quickly press and hold both the + and – buttons on the front panel. If you haven’t pressed the buttons together by the time “YouView Waking Up” is displayed, or you see the “YouView please wait…” message then try again.
4. Let go of the + and – buttons once the “Huawei – Mainenance Mode menu” is displayed.
5. The + and – buttons on the front panel will navigate the menu. Keep pressing the – button until “Internet/USB Recovery, keep recordings” option is highlighted. If you go past the option, simply press the + button to navigate back to the option.
6. Press the power button on the YouView Box front panel to select the option. This will bring up some information and ask “Do you want to proceed?”. Press the power button again to confirm.
7. The YouView Box will now show a progress bar as it downloads software from the internet and installs on the YouView Box. This may take several minutes. Once complete, the YouView Box will restart.
8. Once the YouView Box restarts, the YouView Box will show the initial setup wizard. You will need to run through the setup wizard including tunning the channels.
9. Once complete, this should now resolve your issue.
Regarding software updates, there is a software update being release between 28th of October 2013 and 11th of November 2013. For additional details please see Software update Huawei YouView Box
I tried the above, but it still didn't solve the issue and the box still freezes.
Is the box not fit for purpose?
Please can you visit our Contact Us page, my colleagues can assist via Live Chat or phone.