Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Teamviewer

92 REPLIES 92
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Teamviewer has stopped working. I am unable to ping any of their servers from Talktalk

(e.g. 178.77.120.6 up to 178.77.120.100). The servers are not down, and the problem does not exist via other ISPs. Lots of other Talktalk customers are reporting the same problem for several hours (look at the websites checking whether servers are up).

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I'm having the same issue too, factory reset my router and still the same.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Same issue here with 3 laptops and one desktop. I use Talktalk fibre connection and my own draytec router. I also tried a test that teamviewer suggested, by trying to use a web browser to connect to master1.teamviewer.com, and getting to reply back from the server.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Am talking to tech support, they are usless!

Highlighted
First Timer

I'm having the same issue - can't even ping any of the servers

Highlighted
Popular Poster

They keep telling me to reboot my router or can't help me because I don't have a sh.te TalkTalk router. I have given them the TeamViewer address range to unblock, fingers crossed the message reaches someone inside talktalk that knows what a IP subnet is!

Was probably blocked due to the recent TalkTalk TeamViewer scam, which was a result of TalkTalk being hacked and lossing client records.

Highlighted
First Timer

Wasted most of this morning trying to fix this, 3 computers not connecting to teamviewer via TalkTalk "SuperRouter" - tried to connect by tethering my computer to iphone 4g - connected to teamviewer straight away. Back to router lost connection. 

Loads of reports on the internet about no connection via TalkTalk - why are they blocking it?

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Have given up with Tech sup, have sent a message to 'StephenF'!

Hoipefully he will Fix It Fix It Fix It..

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yeh, I dont use their router either, as it didnt support VPN's properly and kept on crashing or rebooting.

I also think they have blocked the IP addresses, as I have been connected to teamviewer machines from a PC on another ISP.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

A 'tracert -d master6.teamviewer.com' shows that I get to the TalkTalk infra and then traffic stops.

They once blocked Imgur.com for no reason, that was not a fun day.

What they doing blocking stuff anyway, it should be up to me what I block

Highlighted
Team Player
Just spent an hour online with Tech Support which resulted in:-
"Actually, this is a known issue and TalkTalk is already aware of it and already fixing the issue as we speak. "
and
"As of now, the engineers hasn't mentioned any time frame for this. We were advised to let you know to check it again after 24 hours. "
Jimi
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I just hope it is quicker than the last major outage, when I couldn access some websites like www.java.com, windows update site, netfix, amazon, the playstation network, iplayer etc and it took them about a week to fix. (fortunately I was away on holiday at the time) as the issue started on the day we were going away.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Also affected by this, also realised tech support are useless.

Is there no hope of decent customer service with this company?

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Navigated here from TeamViewer site. I have the same issues on 3 WInblows 10Pro devices. Started yesterday afternoon...saw a quick connect and then permanently unable to connect again. Hope this is fixed soon!!!

Highlighted
TalkTalk Team

Hi All,

Apologies for the confusion, but I can confirm that we have implemented a number of  network changes that have blocked a number of applications including Teamviewer

We constantly monitor for potentially malicious internet traffic, so that we can protect our customers from phishing and scamming activities. As part of this work, we have recently blocked a number of sites and applications from our network, and we’re working hard to minimise the impact on our customers.

We are working with teamviewer and other 3rd parties on implementing some additional security measures that would enhance the security to all customers of these services but we will continue to block any sites/applications reported by customers to reduce the opportunity for fraud to take place.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

How do I opt out of the blocking you do, it is not a service I asked for? Can't see anything in the web portal.

Thanks

Ant

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I think the only way to opt out of the blocking is to use a VPN of some sort, I am going to have to do that, as I need to use teamviewer.

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks for reply.. do we have any info on a fix ETA... i use this service for work.

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Do we have any ETA on a fix?

use this service for work

Thanks

Highlighted
TalkTalk Team
Hi Ant, No options to opt out currently, these are global changes.

As mentioned this won't be brought back online until we have some security changes on the Teamviewer side.