cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Teamviewer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Do not know of the legalities...Right now...NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE! Time to get Sharon White, CEO of Ofcom involved....YES EVERYONE needs to be proactive!

Highlighted
Chatterbox

This is a rediculous situation I work from home 5 days a week - Well I did until last night.

Will talktalk be paying my 4g phone bill until this is fixed or would they rather pay my fuel expenses to drive in to London every day (that's a 200 mile round trip) so we'll call it £90 a day.

I can't just stop using teamviewer as all of my client sites are using it for me to support them.

What I can do is find a different BB provider...

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I suggest you all get e-mailing the CEO as this is beyond ridiculous:

dido . harding @talktalkplc.com

*take the spaces out of the above e-mail and get stuck in! 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

My TeamViewer connection has just come back online, just as I had finished drafting a complaint email as well.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

My TeamViewer on one device has justreturned from the DEAD

Highlighted
Team Player

My Teamviewer service now appears to be active.

However, the manner in which TalkTalk has handled this has been absolutely atrocious.

I urge all of you to contact CEO, Dido Harding on *@#][!![]'#[@#]!*@talktalkplc.com, to complain about the manner in which TalkTalk has handled this issue, as they had a ~24 hour blanket ban, on a service which many of us consider a critical application, that we depend on for various reasons.

Edit: TalkTalk evidently aren't a fan of people being able to share information allowing complaints to be made. The details for Dido Harding can be found here, and if they remove this, you can easily find it by searching "Dido Harding CEO mail" on your search engine of choice.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yes, my Teamviewer has started to work again as well, maybe TalkTalk realised that this may cause them further embarresment, by getting into the press about upsetting their customers by blocking applications which are perfectly legal.

Highlighted
Team Player

The Register are already reporting on it, so they've not managed to avoid the press on this particular occasion.

It's also one of the top stories on Google when you search either "Teamviewer", or "TalkTalk".

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yay, it appears to be fixed! Thank goodness this didn't take as long as the Imgur debacle.

Still, it bothers me enormously that TalkTalk think it's appropriate to just block all of their customers' access to particular sites/services on a whim. I know I keep saying this but I really do think it may be time to switch to another, hopefully less overbearing, ISP.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

The Reg are reporting on it because they've been sent numerous e-mails about it

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Keep the draft...I have seen my connection fail a couple of times in the last 40 minutes...Not sure if it is just rying to stablize

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Well it just so happens that I present a weekly radio show that gives an award out for stupid behaviour (accident claims companies got a previous one).  So this week Talk Talk you will be getting a Bonehead of the Week Award on the radio on Sunday afternoon.  You could even listen in - unless you block the website that is  - www.hrbasingstoke.co.uk  from 1.30 - 4pm.  If you want to respond, please email mail@soundofsunday.co.uk

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Highlighted
Team Player
Mine appears to working again, hopefully it's all sorted and won't happen again. I wonder what else they have blocked?
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

What idiot decided it was a good idea to block a legitimate tech support tool ?

I hope they are being handed their P45 at this very minute. Do you not realise there are plenty of other VNC methods the scammers can use and are we going to see each one of those blocked ?

I've been with TalkTalk a long time but only because they are cheap, this is the last straw. The Ryanair of ISP's, we don't care.

Highlighted
Team Player

Why stop at TeamViewer?

Email scams, no problem, block all emails.

Phone scams, easy, only allow outgoing calls.

Internet scams, simple, turn off the internet.

I'm hoping someone at TalkTalk realises this is going to go down as one of the dumbest things anyone has ever done.  It's not quite Yahoo not buying Google, but it's getting there.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I think we should have some sympathy for Talk Talk tech support staff who were almost certainly put in an impossible position today if they were told to cover the whole thing up (or end up lying to customers) as it looks to me like they were.  My two calls involved lots of being put on hold while the issue was being discussed with managers and supervisors so it was fairly clear that they didn't know what to say. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

>Talk Talk tech support staff

TT TSS don't usually know their ar5e from their elbow most of the time anyway, they just read from scripts.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I was going to suggest side-stepping the issue with a free VPN, such as Cyber Ghost 6. However, if Talk Talk have fixed it then that's not even worth investigating.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Even so they were clearly at the very least being given scripts/information that was not true and taking the brunt of everyone's frustration and surely they must have been slowly realising that something was going on.