cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Teamviewer

Highlighted
Team Player
I don't think anyone is getting at the staff, it's the company, its decisions and the way they implement the decisions that gets to people.
Anyway what's wrong with telling the truth? most people appreciate being told it, instead of being treated like mushrooms.
Highlighted
Popular Poster
That's what I meant - the staff have taken the brunt of a crazy management decision
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I understand that some scammers use electricity from time to time - are you going to block us from using that too? 

Highlighted
First Timer

Can we expect this to happen again then?

Please let us know so we can make alternative arrangements for our internet service providers.

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hi everyone,

We constantly monitor our network, testing and trying the most optimum system management. We apologise for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Highlighted
Popular Poster

But why did you do it? To disable an important tool without warning suggests that the decision was made by people who do not understand their customer base at all, and the general feeling in the community seems to be that it may have been a decision imposed on your IT department by management that do not even begin to understand their business.It would be very simple to make TV available only to users who opted in, and with an appropriate warning. You will be aware that similar scams using TV have been perpetrated elsewhere, and as far as I am aware TT is the only ISP that has reacted in such an irrational manner.

Nerd_face By the way before it really gets going, you should also ban a few other scamming techniques. Start with Facebook, Google Instagram, WhatsApp, Email, WeChat etc.Cool_face

oh and why couldn't I contact you directly yesterday, and why don't emoticons seem to work. when I insert them?

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

>We apologise for any inconvenience we may have caused.

I'll only be satisifed when the imbecile responsible for this debicle has been fired.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
I still have a high level complaint registered which should generate a callback "within 24 - 48 hours" so I'll be interested in what they have to say when that happens (if it happens)
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

In my opinion the biggest issue was once again the failure of TalkTalk to comunicate with their customers. Fist line customer support were denying any TalkTalk blocking which caused us more headaches. They were just reading their normal reboot everything and then reset router script. So by not communicating the blockage to first line support TalkTalk actually cost themselves money!!!!

I wont go into the right and wrongs of blocking legal applications or websites.

Please please keep us informed, even a note on the service status page would help.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

This knee jerk reaction will not be forgotten...unfortunately in this 'p.c.' World...they cannot be fired...only promoted out of that position. This experience will not be forgotten, next time customers have to reup!

My MAIN concern is what will 'they' do next in shutting down a vital service, due to ignorance!

Highlighted
First Timer

TalkTalk have blocked Teamviewer but neglected to tell anyone, even their own support team it seems. Lots of comments like this on forums and theregister.co.uk

TalkTalk are a pretty awful ISP anyway, I would highly recommend anyone wanting a decent ISP with great support should switch to Zen Internet.
http://www.zen.co.uk/business/broadband/fibre-broadband.aspx?page=54&aff=3FK10

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Opportunist spam is not only obvious (Captain) but inaccurate and unhelpful.
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Who's crazy idea was this? Might have sounded good around the boardroom table (maybe)

Let's turn off the internet that would protect people. While we are at it let's ban cars - they are responsible for deaths and have been used in crimes too!

Surely educating people about "Kevin from India" perhaps not working legitimately for Microsoft would be the way to go. Educate don't blame the tools. Although I must admit I am amazed that people HAVEN'T heard of these scams by now but hey!

I've just signed up to Talk Talk and now I find that a tool I use regularly is blocked. Absolutely bonkers!

Highlighted
Team Player
Was blocked, it's been unblocked and is working again.
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Just had a phone call from the complaints office following my complaint yesterday.  They did promis this within 24 - 48 hours so credit to them, they did! 

The last thing they said was that they have received "no other complaints" about this whole thing apart from what is on the forum!  So if you want to complain, do it and show them the strength of feeling.  

He started off by saying about Teamviewer is used by scammers and that is why it is blocked.  I pointed out that it no longer blocked - which he seemed surprised about!! 

They asked what I wanted them to do.  I suggested that they refund me one month's internet fee, and take out a full page ad in all the papers this weekend to publically apologise for their "muppetry".  I also said they should send a letter to every one of their customers with a full explanation and apology for the mess.  He went away and to his credit said I would be refunded and they would be writing to everyone. 

I also asked for an explanation of why Talk Talk lied to its customers yesterday.  When he said they didn't, I pointed out that several times during my three hour phone call yesterday morning I was told that there is no way Talk Talk would or could ever block access to Teamviewer.  He said he would forward my specific question to the CEO who would "phone me back."

I also asked for an apology to be given to their staff for being asked to lie to customers.  He never denied that they had been asked to do that.

Finally I pointed out that the whole tale would be told on the radio on Sunday and asked if he wanted to have the right of reply.  He said "no".

So I await the phone call then, but my message is to everyone that is annoyed to complain!

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I too complained about this debacle, however I went straight to the top, and to their credit i got a call back from "the tops assitances office" with an appology and hopefully they will forward some of my suggestions to the correct places with the correct amount of imputus!

So its just possible they might learn and improve their systems as a result of this, stranger things have happened!

Its great being back in the connected world 🙂

Regards

Stuart

Highlighted
Popular Poster
My 3 hour call yesterday ended up at "the highest level" from where I got the call, so it's strange that they are saying they got no other complaints! They still seem to be passing this off as nothing important.
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I did raise it as a fault and even have a text with a referance number for the issue. Mind you I have not had any update by text!!

So for the to say that no body complained might be stretching the truth somewhat. But is reporting an issue a complaint?

Maybe it goes to show how good their fault logging database is in combining issues and realising that they are not isolated 'issues'.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
You have to actually say you want to complain before it's registered as a complaint. Mine became a complaint when I said if they were not going to let me use Teamviewer they could cancel my account and I could move. Then suddenly I became an account retention customer! I got all the way to the highest level.