NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Poor Speeds and Constantly Dropping Off

Rahul9225
Team Player
Message 57 of 57

Hi,

Another complaint here.

I was told my minimum speed would be 30mbps. I have rarely reached double figures in the past 5 months and i've been consistenly getting under 3mbps.

The internet connect completely drops out for about 10-15 minutes everyday.

I've spoken to talktalk customer service about 20 times this week and they've been more than useless. 

An Openreach engineer apparently came to my property on Monday (but obviously i had no communications confirming this) and after pestering Talktalk everyday this week, they've finally confirmed that the engineer did arrive but were unable to contact me because my phone number wasn't working (which considering i've had text messages from Talktalk before, it must be Talktalks error).

Talktalk are now telling me that I need to contact Openreach directly and book another engineer. I don't see why I have to do all the chasing and book this engineer when I'm the one paying the bill.

All I want is the service that i'm paying for and not the confusing answers im getting from Talktalk's customer services. I'm paying for 30mbps internet speed and decent customer service, but I'm getting under 3mbps and terrible customer service - this isn't fair and talktalk should be ashamed about how they treat their customers.

Thank you talktalk for causing me an unholy amount of stress.

0 Likes
56 REPLIES 56

Message 1 of 57

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the update. glad to hear your speed has improved. For information about compensation please see our Compensation Policy

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 57
Hi Chris,
I did a few tests yesterday and was getting around 29mbps download speed which is much better - not the speed I was guaranteed - but still better.

I also got an email from talktalk saying that they've tried to contact me regarding my complaint, but haven't been able to and have no closed the complaint. I told talktalk to only ring me after 8pm as I have a full time job, which they said was fine. Talktalk have rang me once in the past month, and that was at 5pm....

How am I supposed to go about getting compensation for having terrible Internet for 6 months?
0 Likes

Message 3 of 57

OK, thanks. Can you run a couple of speed tests at least 5 minutest apart on the My Account speed checker on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router (can you try to make sure that no other devices/applications accessing the internet at the time)

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 57
There's been no change, I'm still only getting 12-13mbps download speed.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 57

Hi Rahul9225,

The latest update from Openreach shows "Fault cleared and closed", how has it been over the last 24 hours?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 57
Any updates on this?
0 Likes

Message 7 of 57

Hi Rahul9225,

This is still under investigation with BTOR at the moment and we should hopefully have more information within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 57

Hi Rahul9225,

I've requested an update from our Network engineers now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive a response back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 57
Any updates on this?
0 Likes

Message 10 of 57

Hi Rahul9225 

The line tests are still detecting a fault on the line. This has been passed to a BT Openreach line engineer (this is not a visit to the property)

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 57

Hi Rahul9225 

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 57

The engineer was a BT open reach engineer booked by Talktalk.

First engineer - After the first visit early last month, the open reach engineer said there was nothing wrong and said that it was most likely Talktalk not giving me the correct speed.

Second engineer - the engineer disconnected the line from outside and then reconnected it, which increased the speed from under 3mbps to around 20mbps (still not the 39.5mbps guaranteed speed stated in my contract). He also suggested I get a replacement router from talktalk to see if that increases it (which it didn't)

Third engineer - the master socket was changed and I was told that if that didn't work, I was better off taking it to ombudsman.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 57

@Rahul9225 wrote:
The engineer arrived today and changed the master socket - its made absolutely no difference.

Surely this means the issue is on your end. Its been 6 months now and don't you lot dare talk about booking a FOURTH engineer.

I am puzzled at your conclusion there. Other than changing the master socket did the so-called "engineer" have no other advice as to where your issue might be? Was he/she an Openreach broadband engineer? An Openreach line engineer? Or a cowboy from one of their various contractors? I am not trying to deflect anything here, your provider is TalkTalk and they have to own this. But?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 57
The engineer arrived today and changed the master socket - its made absolutely no difference.

Surely this means the issue is on your end. Its been 6 months now and don't you lot dare talk about booking a FOURTH engineer.
0 Likes

Message 15 of 57
Hi,

That's fine.

Thanks.
0 Likes

Message 16 of 57

Hi

Appointment booked for Tomorrow 22nd. PM (1-6)

is this ok?

Thanks

Karl. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 57

Hi Rahul9225,

Thanks for the PM. I've passed on your availability to our network team, we'll let you know when we've received confirmation of the date and time slot booked

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 57

Hi Rahul9225

Apologies for this.

Our Network Team have advised that we need to arrange another visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 57
"the next step" Are you actually being serious? This will be the 3rd engineer! I live alone and I work full time, you can't expect me to keep planning my week around the useless BT engineer visits who's conclusion is always "talktalk aren't giving you the correct speed, so speak to them". I've had enough of this now!
0 Likes

Message 20 of 57

Hi Rahul9225

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes