Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WhatsApp Uploading Video

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Participant

Why is it that I cannot send small video clips using my TT home broadband. They take forever trying to upload, and eventually I get a Whatsapp message "Retry". When I send the same video using my mobile data (not TT) the video uploads in a few seconds.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi suffolkman,

How big are the video clips? Do you have any problems uploading photos on the same device via your TalkTalk connections?

Chris

Highlighted
Participant
Checked two and they are around 200Mb. Today I cannot even send a photo.
Highlighted
Participant
Again switched off wifi on phone, and the photo went easily on my EE data.
Highlighted

I can send you another router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Yes please, that would be great. I wondered if it might be aa setting on the router ?

Highlighted

OK, I've ordered the router, it should be with you in a couple of day but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Thank you I am very grateful. Googling around some say it could be something in the router settings.is there any special settings I need to make ?.

Highlighted

Hi suffolkman

You shouldn't need to make any changes to the router settings. Please let us know how you get on once you have received and tested with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi, received the new router this morning. Connected up and did sucessfully send a Whatsaapp video. Many thanks for your help. It did take a while to go...our speed is v slow here in rural Suffolk. Your engineers  and Openreach have told us we should be able to reach a Broadband speed of up to 4mbps. I have just checked with this new router and reached 1.6mbps. That is faster than when tested recently, so maybe the new router may have helped that along too. Thanks again for your fast service.

Suffolkman

Highlighted

Hi suffolkman

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I've optimised your connection and the sync speed has increased from 2mb to 3.6mb.

Please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Participant

Wow...I don't know what you have done...BUT. I have just used 3 different speed checkers and had results from 2.5 to 2.7 mbps. My broadband has never been this fast. I have complained several times, and have had differnt routers, TT engineer visits, Openreach visits...all to no avail. I am so glad that I put the question on the forum regarding Whatsapp uploading. Lets hope this keep up. Thank you again.

Suffolkman

Highlighted

Hi suffolkman,

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Thanks