cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Youview on demand keeps freezing

5 REPLIES
Cookieboy
Participant

On demand is freezing frequently - sometimes every 5 minutes or less. The picture freezes and the rotating circle appears eventaully followed by the error message. This is happening so frequently now (whether I have hd turned on or off) that its not worth using on demand. I have a sony blu ray player with BBC iplayer - this works fine in hd so it must be something wrong with Youview rather than the broadband. If it can't be fixed there is really no point me having the Youview service.

Can you resolve the problem?

Barry Gilfillan
Wise Owl

What speed are you getting from your broadband connection?

Cookieboy
Participant

Barry Gilfillan
Wise Owl

What you tired re-starting your router and youview box?

Cookieboy
Participant

No I haven't. I'll try that. As I said I have no problem watching iPlayer in HD via my sony blu ray player (I'm watching it now as I type)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Nathann
Retired

Hi Cookieboy,

Are you still experiencing a problem with this? What On Demand players are affected by this issue? What error message do you get?

Thanks