NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emailed about an engineer visit: is it genuine?

Nick MacCloy
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

at the beginning of december i got an email from talktalk saying that "Since you joined us, we’ve run some checks and we’ve noticed that your fibre broadband is running well below the speed it should

We need to send an Openreach engineer to your area to find out what’s wrong and get you back up to full speed as soon as possible."

It had my name right and my phone number so i assumed it was genuine.

It had 2 links to click. one for if i wanted a visit and one if i didnt.

i clicked the one for wanting a visit.

i havent heard anything so today i started an online chat through the talktalk website.

the technical support guy said that talktalk dont send out emails of that sort, that engeineer visits are NEVER requested by emailing customers.

he also said that there is no record of talktalk emailing me at all in decemeber, for any reason.

was this email genuine or a fake?

it had my name and phone number correct. i dont use my landline and have not used it since getting talk talk installed so i have never ever given that number out to anyone. not even once.

the link i clicked took me to pub.consumer.talktalkplc.com which gave a messages of "Within the next 7 days we’ll work to send an Openreach engineer to your area as soon as we can."

was this email genuine? and if so how do i arrange the engineer visit when talktalk employees deny all knowledge of it?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

we've logged this out to BT Openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi

As soon as I get a reply from networks I'll post back here.

Thanks

Karl. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

@Karl-TalkTalk thats great, thanks for letting me know.

will i be emailed when it is fixed?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Nick MacCloy

There is an issue with your line.  A fault has been detected on the copper line side of the circuit.

I've passed this to networks to see if a non appointed engineer is being arranged.

Thanks

Karl. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Yep, less than that all being well, they will reply right here on this thread.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for your reply @ferguson

Ok, ive checked my profile page and it has all my details correct.

So if i just wait a couple of days then someone from talk talk should notice my post and get in touch?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

If you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here - rest assured only you and TalkTalk have access to that - so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then give them a day or two to respond.

0 Likes