NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why has Outlook2003 stopped downloading emails suddenly? Windows8.1 has been OK for months

jncape
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 3

Last year I got a new PC with Windows8.1, and I was pleased to find that Outlook2003 worked fine until the end of last week...when downloads of email slowed to a crawl. Headers download fine, and quickly. Otherwise, internet is OK. The .pst file is well less than 2Gb (a known issue) - I can only asume an unseen Windows update has caused a glitch.....any ideas of how to fix the problem?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Thanks - the account is POP3 with talktalk.net......but, I discovered this morning an optional update for Windows8.1, and after installing this, Outlook2003 started working again as it had been.   So - problem solved (for the moment).

0 Likes

Ken Burnett
Wise Owl
Message 2 of 3

It Might help if you say what accounts are involved as i have two talktalk, two hotmail, gmail & Sky accounts all working with Outllok 2003 and windows 7

If I go into mail settings and do a test Hotmail,Gmail & Sky deliver the test email confirmation back within 10 secs

But TalkTalk Test emails might take 1-2 mins (and are delvired as Junk Mails to boot)

So I suspect it is not your PC just TalkTalk servers being overloadded or not Powerfull to do mail delivery quickly.

The mails appear in webmail quickly just Outlook can not get them from The server

also Update whether Imap or Pop3 as this might be relevant  I use Pop3 for all accounts

0 Likes