Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banking protection banner not popping up

Rusty_2
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

Have tried all the suggestions on the web page and have removed and re-installed on this PC and have had a chat on-line with a technician but all to no avail. Was advised to contact the bank to sort it- does that mean I have to contact every bank and webpage that I make a payment on?

Rusty2
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Rusty_2, thanks for marking fr8ys post as the best answer it will no doubt help others to get their issues working. 

fr8ys, thanks as always for your selfless contributions to help other members fix their problems.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 8

@Rusty_2 pleased it's now working.

I did find Firefox a bit hit and miss at times, but it was usually if I'd used one banking account and then turned it off, then gone to another banking site when Firefox was in the same "session".

Just keep your eye on it and see if there is a pattern. At least you have Edge as a back up.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 3 of 8

Steve

Thanks for all your help. I decided to use Edge & did so for most of today then decided to pop back into Firefox and lo & behold the banking protection popped up again. Maybe TT did something in the background as I certainly haven't.

Can I just thank you for all your help and patiece.

Rusty2

Message 4 of 8

Thanks for that, I'll have a go at the extension thingy if I can find where to go and I shall have a go -reluctantly, with Edge -here's hoping- I'm not good with change but maybe it will change my life!

Thanks for your help.

Rusty_2

Rusty2
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

Try reinstalling the banking extension from the tools menu. If it's lost the link it will normally sort it out.

on a totally off topic tnought, I never thought I move from Firefox, but I found it was slowing down my system, so moved to Chrome. Again I never thought I'd use anything else, but Edge has been a total revelation since its relaunch. Much quicker and does not hog PC resources like Firefox and Chrome. Personal thoughts, but thought I'd share.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 6 of 8

Hi

I use Firefox which is up to date and it doesn’t pop up on there.

I then thought to use Edge & it worked on there but I much prefer to use Firefox

It’s NW & Santander which I have used many times when on Firefox

I did go onto Supersafe boost site this morning and released the licence for this lap top & then added it back on but that hasn’t worked at all.

I’m at a loss as where  to go next but thanks for your help.

Rusty_2

Rusty2
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

No, that is clearly wrong advice!

Does it work on some and not others, or not working on any?

sometimes F-secure have not included some banks sites, and if reported here, OCE's will contact them as get them added.

if it's not working on any sites, which browser do you use? Have you tried an alternative browser to see if it works on that one?

I recently had an issue where I moved over to Edge and the protection was not working, but it did in chrome.

Normally it is easily rectified by going into the TalkTalk protection and reinstalling banking protection. I am not in my PC at the moment but I think this can be found under the tools menu.ok

If this does not work, you may have to reinstall the whole F-Secure programme.

to do this you will need to uninstall this. Go to your F-secure account and release your license from the affected device. Do a Google search for F-secure uninstall tool and run this. It will get rid of all vestiges of the programme from your hard drive. 

Then go back to your account and add your PC as a new device and follow the install instructions. Then hopefully all will be well with banking protection.

hope it works.