Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cold callers

brianeakins
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I live in Bradwell Village, Milton Keynes. Our local village website has reported a number of instances of someone knocking on doors claiming to be from Talk Talk. They wear what appears to be a Talk Talk ID badge. This afternoon, I had one. He asked if I was with Vodaphone, & I said no, I was with Talk Talk. He began asking me if I had been upgraded, and I politely said yes, and closed my door. 

Are these callers genuine, and from Talk Talk, or is this some kind of scam?

Thank you,

Yours sincerely,

Brian Eakins.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Brian, I don't know for sure so I've asked the question for you. I'd say yes it's probably a genuine caller, but until I find out for sure treat them as suspicious.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Brian

My guess is that the sales agent, badged as TalkTalk, is canvassing for potential customers or switchers for the CityFibre network that's installed in Milton Keynes. 

You say the agent mentioned Vodafone and TalkTalk and both parties are authorised to use the CityFibre network for customer connections for full fibre to the home.

Future Fibre Hub

The team will be able to advise if they do have door to door sales agents operating in your area. You are wise to be cautious.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes