Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility

webwiz
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 7

My computer often slows to a crawl. I have HomeSafe turned on. I do not have SuperSafe, however I notice that I have F-secure in my list of apps. Do TT use F-secure for Homesafe? I also see Rapport in my list of apps. Is there a compatibilty issue here? Can I safely uninstall anything to solve it?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 7

@webwiz 

Click on F-Secure and see if ONLINE DEFENCE opens !

I had it for years and did not find it slowed down my Windows PC in normal use, but did use quite a lot of resources when doing its weekly scan.

Rapport is often touted by banks as an extra layer of protection, but not really needed.

If you have a Windows computer, open TASK MANAGER and see which programs are using resources and are allowed to run in STARTUP.

I have now ditched TT Online Defence (F-Secure) as I lost the licence on renewal and I am trusting the Windows 10 security features.

Martin, just a customer trying to help.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi webwiz, did you manage to get this sorted with martswain's help? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

webwiz
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 7
I still want to know what is the software behind HomeSafe (if it's not a TT own product), and is there a compatibility issue with Rapport.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

@webwiz 

What does the F-Secure APP actually open ?

Martin, just a customer trying to help.
0 Likes

webwiz
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 7
F-secure is gone. HomeSafe is still working though. I have not uninstalled Rapport yet.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 7

Hi webwiz, HomeSafe doesn't run on any of your devices it's a network monitoring product. It will have absolutely no impact on your devices performance. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.