Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Draconian, over protection

2 REPLIES 2
Sally12
First Timer

Do Talktalk customers  realise that they are, now, NEVER  allowed to give permission to give permission to ANYONE to take secure remote control of their computer? This blanket blocking applies to reputable companies e.g. Norton, thus making it impossible to have this, secure, invaluable help with a problem. Ostensibly  this is "to protect customers from scammers". However, it is not effective, as scammers use a less secure method and can, and do, get access. Anyone found a way round this?

Talktalk cannot, apparently, offer any sort of way for temporarily disabling this. As far as I know, they are the only provider to do this

teddybear47
Team Player

Is this correct? Only last week, I rang ESET and they took remote control of my computer to deal with an "untrusted certificate" problem I was having (with access to talktalk website and webmail believe it or not!) They had had a number of calls about this issue.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi teddybear47, if you've managed to have someone take control I'd have to say no it's not true. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.