Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure Banking and Browsing Protection blocked by Firefox

davidw40
Super Duper Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Both Banking Protection and Browsing Protection are now (from today) automatically prevented from working by Firefox on the grounds that they could cause instability. This is Mozilla's explanation:

Browsing Protection by F-Secure has been blocked for your protection.

Why was it blocked?

This add-on violates Mozilla's Add-on Policies.

This add-on violates Mozilla's add-on policies by executing remote code and insufficient user data handling and protections.

What does this mean?

The problematic add-on or plugin will be automatically disabled and no longer usable.

When Mozilla becomes aware of add-ons, plugins, or other third-party software that seriously compromises Firefox security, stability, or performance and meets certain criteria, the software may be blocked from general use. For more information, please read this support article.

Versions blocked: 0 to 4.0.52.
Blocked on 18 Mar 2022.

When will this be resolved (by F-Secure) as they are essential components of F-Secure?

13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Just had word that the extension has been updated but not to the satisfaction of Fsecure. They're contuining to work on improving it as a priority. The extension doesn't affect the protection from working, it relates to how the blocked page is displayed 

and give the rating information within the search engines.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 14

I know that Fsecure blocked the error message. I've not heard anything since so I've asked them to clarify. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

stjohn13
Participant
Message 3 of 14

Looks like the issue is resolved, F-secure has been updated and so has Firefox (32bit)  now ver.: 98.0.2

You may have to go into the F-secure add-on in Firefox and agree to the new settings.

JLS

Message 4 of 14

Hi all, I've sent a mail to our Fsecure contact to see if he knows when this will be resolved. 

Ady

stjohn13
Participant
Message 5 of 14

This is the response from F-Secure: https://community.f-secure.com/safe-en/kb/articles/9259

Lets hope it gets reolved quickly.

JLS

JLS

stjohn13
Participant
Message 6 of 14

If you go into Firefox's Add-ons and Themes, you will see F-secure listed under the disabled listing. If you click on the 3 dots, top, right, one of the items is "report", fill in the form and it will be sent to Firefox. If enough people do this we might get a response.

Anon

JLS

davidw40
Super Duper Contributor
Message 7 of 14

@ferguson wrote:

I am guessing that F-Secure have yet to update to take account of the Firefox update which has broken it? Anybody got onto either of them?

I would expect TalkTalk, themselves, to raise this matter with F-Secure. The product is called "TalkTalk Online Defence", so TalkTalk must take responsibility for it.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 14

I am guessing that F-Secure have yet to update to take account of the Firefox update which has broken it? Anybody got onto either of them?

0 Likes

whatever_
First Timer
Message 9 of 14

I'm having the exact same problem too.

0 Likes

PFWLB
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 14

I have had the same problem. Banking protection is not working using Firefox, but seems to be working using Microsoft Edge. Will this problem be resolved shortly?

0 Likes

MikeGlover
First Timer
Message 11 of 14

I have exactly the same problem. The fsecure addon suddenly got removed. Firefox 98.0.1  (64 bit) 14/03/2022

MikeGlover_0-1647620497152.png

0 Likes

MikeGlover
First Timer
Message 12 of 14

I have exactly the same problem, started a couple of hours ago. Firefox didnt appear to update. Version 98.0.1 14/03/2022.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi davidw40, I've got no idea why htis might have occurred. At present you're the sole customer reporting this to us. When you open Safe Browser in the Fsecure options does that open normally? 

What version of Firefox are you using?

Ady

0 Likes