Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure Password Manager Chrome Extension loses Authorization

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Message 5 of 5

I use the F-Secure Password manager which is now a feature of Supersafe Boost, in conjunction with the Chrome Browser, and have installed the browser extension. The browser extension requires to be authorized by copying an authorization code from the "Settings" option of the Password Manager into the browser extension.

Once authorized the stored usernames and passwords from the Password Manager can be filled directly on the log in pages of web sites.

The difficulty is that after closing the browser, shutting down the computer and restarting, the authorization process has to be repeated, which is very annoying.

Is this working as intended, or should the authorization of the browser extension be a once only action, saved by the browser until such time as an explicit action such as to clear browser cache and cookies is performed? (I would understand if the authorization was lost in that case.)

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hello Ady

The version of KEY installed is 1.4.0. When I downloaded the installer it declined to install a new version, on the grounds that I am already running a more recent version.

The browser is not logged on to Google at the moment, which I think is the normal way it is used, and the Password Manager Extension (KEY) is authorized. So it is not synchronizing with other devices.

Next time I notice that it has lost authorization, I will look to see whether it has become logged on to Google, and if so will try disabling Sync.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Fsecure replied pretty quickly to their credit. 

Firstly, make sure your F-secure KEY is up to date. You can update to the latest F-Secure KEY version by downloading and running the following installer.

This issue can happen if the Google Chrome in-browser sync is enabled for browser extensions between multiple machines. To solve the issue, disable synchronization of browser extensions.

Follow these steps to disable synchronization of browser extensions between machines: 

1. Open Google Chrome browser
  2. At the top right, click on your profile picture
  3. Click Sync is on and go to Manage sync
  4. Disable Sync everything and Extensions

Please let me know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi jbuchanangb, I've asked the team at Fsecure to confirm the proper working of this. I'm sure they'll ask us to get you to run the FSDIAG tool so that they can see the results. 

Ady

0 Likes