Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure Super Safe, updates not installing

RichardJN
Team Player
Message 1 of 4

Running Windows 10 64 bit on a Desktop Computer and my "Super Safe F-secure" is showing that I am not fully protected, although Updates are downloaded and showas up to date.  However, when I look in the "View details", there are now a number of update files that are shown as "Waiting restart".  I have now restarted Window 10 twice and the files Status has not changed.

Any help appreciated anyone else had similar problem, could it be a WIndows 10 update causing it?

How can I get the updates installed as it must be affecting my Security?

Thanks

Richard

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi Richard, probably the quickest way to fix this would be to remove the Fsecure software using the Fsecure removal tool. Once you've removed the software make sure Windows is fully updated and that there's no other AV on the PC. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 4

Hi team

Well, it looks as if it may have been caused by a Windows 10 update as before I took any further action, I found that the latest Windows 10 major update to version 1803 was in the process of downloading and being installed.  Once this had taken place, without any problems, I looked at F-Secure and found it was saying that all was up to date and I was fully Protected.  When looked at the Update files status, all those which were waiting for a Restart, had now been installed.  I have now had futher F-Secure updates that have also been installed, so whatever the problem was has been cleared with Windows 10 version 1803.

Thanks

Richard

0 Likes

Message 4 of 4

Hi Richard,

Glad to hear that the issue is now resolved, just let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes