Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-secure missing on new computer.

Jaws2
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

My contract started April 2020 for 24 months and included Home safe and F-secure. I have changed my computer but when I connected to my Talk Talk internet, F-secure has not come through - no icon on the toolbar ! This is part of my contract. How do I get it back?  I should have F-secure until my contract expires. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

I'm always happy to be able to help. Thanks for your kind words they're greatly appreciated. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jaws2
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Brilliant !! This has worked. I feel a lot safer now that I have F-secure back on my computer. 

What I want to know is that I contacted Talk Talk on Saturday and chatted to a technical guy for a good 1.5 hours. He didn't have a clue. All he wanted to do was to sell me a Superboost for £4 a month and didn't care what my issue was. Sunday I was on the phone to Ivy for another hour. She sorted some minor problems but couldn't help with the F-secure bit. Good thing they have someone like you to tackle and iron out these problems. You're ACE. Thanks again. 

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 8

@Jaws2 , no software is ever automatically moved from an old computer to a new one.

The best you can hope for are browser bookmarks and settings once you log in to the likes of Google or Microsoft.

Jaws2
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Hi Ady, I have followed your instructions, released the licence on the old computer and sent an email as instructed and it gives me the link to now install it on my new computer. I will go and install it. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks for now. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Click on the link to SafeAvenue that I put in my last post for you. You'll then see how to release the licence. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jaws2
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Where do I find safeavenue? I've never even heard of it.  And how would I release the licence from the old PC? Why can't Talk Talk do so in the background once I have contacted them and told them that I have a new pc? We're not all "experts" on computers. Well, I certainly am not. 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Jaws2, did you log into SafeAvenue and release the licence from the old PC so that you can add it to the new PC? 

If you're using the single licence version you'll need to do that before instlaling.

Ady

0 Likes