Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new desktop and lost HomeSafe - please help!

SmallMadam
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I did not think it would be a problem but I seem to have lost HomeSafe on my computer when we got a new computer. My husband managed to transfer Windows 10 licence to the new PC though...Emailed to TalkTalk with no lack. According to my online account of TalkTalk, I have HomeSafe but my new pc does not launch it when needed. Does anyone know how can I fix this problem??? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

A change of router wouldn't affect your HomeSafe performance as HomeSafe is a network level service. The only exception being if you had different settings setup manually on the first router. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4
Thank for getting back to me 😄 We do not have supersafe boost that I understand there is extra cost. HomeSafe I meant was the app automatically "shows up" when I use online shopping / payment - that was how I remember. I wonder if getting a new router by extending my contract changed how the app works on my computer? For example, the app no longer pop up every time during processing online payments??? I can see there is HomeSafe on my online account though...
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi SmallMadam, I think you may be a bit confused on this and it's an easy mistake to make. Online Defence (supersafe boost) needs to be installed on the devices whereas HomeSafe us a network feature that runs on anything connected to your router. 

Let me know which it is and we'll give you the right advice for the right product. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes