Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I request a hub firmware update be pushed out - current FW is OLD

manspider
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Current FW is old - please can I get it updated  - have waited 7 days since installed, thought it would update itself but hasn't.

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

Glad to hear the firmware has now updated.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

manspider
First Timer
Message 2 of 10

Was setting up to do a factory refresh and noticed the firmware level has updated now - Many Thanks. Saves me lots of hastle as a factory reset would have disconnected everything,  I've historically used a different internal IP ranges to the Hubs default subnet and there's devices with static IPs etc.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 10

Morning,

I've tried to update the router firmware again, however this was unsuccessful. Could you try factory resetting the router and letting us know once this has been completed and we can try and update the FW again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Thanks for letting me know

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 10

No staff on here over the weekend, @manspider. Check back next week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi All - still showing version SG4K10001400t. Would it be possible to get this updated - I'm concerned old firmware may have vulnerabilities.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi All - still showing version SG4K10001400t. Would it be possible to get this updated - I'm concerned old firmware may have vulnerabilities.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Just checked and still shows old version - do I need to reboot?

Also checked logs - can see anything relating to firmware updates etc  

But really happy happy someone answered so quickly, and sorry it took me so long to check. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi manspider,

I've started the firmware update, it should complete in a few minutes 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes