NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add more blocked websites to kid safe?

hwc71
Chatterbox
Message 1 of 8

Hi there 

I have got kid safe turned on and added some websites to the list of 9 blocked/allowed. However I would like to add more websites to this list. Please could someone let me know if this is possible and how to do it?

many thanks. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Divsec
Community Star
Message 2 of 8

Hi @hwc71 have you tried activating the generic headings on the left hand side of the screen?

It maybe that these cover either the sites on your list or those you wish to block. Either way should free up a few slots. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 3 of 8
I have, yes. I want to keep some of them open (so me and my husband can still access!). There are specific sites I don’t want my daughter accessing and I can’t be sure that the categories cover them. They number more than there are spaces.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

I guess it is down to trial and error (your error not the daughter) also you could use the 9 slots to allow your sites through.

I'm sure the OCE team will will have better advice for you tomorrow. 

Ady-TalkTalk
Community Team - TT Staff
Message 5 of 8

Hi hwc71, the advice Divsec has already given is good. I'd keep testing until you find the best solution for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 8

Thanks. There definitely is not enough spaces to meet our needs so any ideas would be great. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 8

Hi @hwc71 then you have two options.

A good (£100+) third party modem router with lots of firewall options, and blacklists whitelists and ip management.

Software designed to block the websites. This might involve a subscription and using different DNS servers. 

Ady-TalkTalk
Community Team - TT Staff
Message 8 of 8

Divsec has pretty much covered all the bases for you. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes