Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 'Privacy Warning' message

jonwort
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 4

Hi

My wife and my iPhones (running iOS 15.0.2) recently started showing a message 'Privacy Warning - This network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic ...'.

Our HG 635 router has wireless encryption settings: security mode = WPA2-PSK, encryption = AES. The setting: enable AP isolation is unchecked. I have rebooted the router and power cycled the phones but no change.

This seems to be guidance rather than an error as we have not noticed problems with Internet connectivity. Can we safely ignore the message or should we do something?

Thanks, Jon

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi jon, thanks for posting back to let us know you've got it sorted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jonwort
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 4

Many thanks Ferguson.

Actually, when I 'forgot this network'  and 'joined' it again the warning message disappeared. Sorry, should have tried this before, as well as the power cycling.

Jon

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

This has been widely discussed before, so long as you are using the highest WPA2 security settings on your router the message can be safely ignored. 

0 Likes