Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just turned on Callsafe and...

JimSmith
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 9

there are several places where this product could be improved (to put it mildly):

1. I needed to add a lot of numbers from my iCloud contacts. I can export these to a .csv file, but there is no way to do a bulk update of the callsafe approved list
  2. when I try to check the details of an entry it says that the number is withheld, even when I have just added that data.
  3. turning callsafe off deletes all the entries (I am told, I have not tested this), and yet there is no way to backup the data, such as by exporting the lists for re-entry in the future
  4. when I, inadvertently, tried to add a second entry with the same number (because of 2 above) instead of letting me know that the entry already exists it displays a banner to the effect that there has been a technical fault. In all my 35+ years in IT it was endlessly drummed into our programmers that error messages MUST be accurate, informative, helpful, and direct the user to suitable corrective actions. This does not happen here.

Please can I have a response from Talktalk about this, and please put in place some improvements.

Jim
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Starnamer, please put your last post in a new topic of your own and I'll be happy to help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 9

Blooming predictive text! Balls should have been callsafe, although balls is probably more apt!

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 3 of 9

@LindaNess can I suggest you post in the ideas section that balls are needs to be compatible with ufo. 

might make a difference there.

Thanks.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

LindaNess
Team Player
Message 4 of 9

We have had Talk Talk UFO since the first week of Feb. 2017 and still Call Safe is not available for us.  It really grieves me that on my account it says that they like to give us the best service and one of the items is Call Safe.  NO, it isn't.  Every time I raise the issue, I am told it is not compatible with UFO, but no alternative is offered.

0 Likes

StarNamer
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 9

@fr8ys @Ady-TalkTalk 

I think it could quite reasonable be argued that the list of numbers a customer allows to call them as well as the list of numbers they block could be considered to be personal data, hence I agree that TalkTalk is violating GDPR by not allowing customers to view and possibly update their lists.

At the very least they should provide the lists on request,

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

@fr8ys 

I saw your posts and could feel the frustration! I thought that the more threads there are complaining the greater the chance of something being done (but I'm not holding my breath).

@Ady-TalkTalk 

I'll look for the ideas section (a link would help) and raise my points there as well. A further problem that I thought about in the early hours today was: if I inadvertently add someone to the allowed list (e.g. by keying 1 on the phone) I would have no way to determine which entry on the list to delete.

Doesn't GDPR also require Talktalk to make available all data held relating to a customer, for that customer to view, download, and if necessary challenge? (a different can of worms to open there).

Jim
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi both, if you keep adding your ideas to the ideas section they'll be referred to the product manager. As fr8ys said there's not much chance of the changes being implemented, but you'll never know if you don't try. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

@JimSmith , you'll be lucky!

All of your points have been raised before and as a triallist I raised these at the time. 

Another user and I have recently had a conversation on this, so rather than repeat myself, can I refer you to this thread?

It's been like this for years, as you will see, and there just does not seem to be a will to fix it.

We get a fix for one thing, and another goes wrong, and then we lose more functionality in the web. The ONLY saving grace is that the actual application works as intended and blocks and allows you to block and approve numbers.