Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KidSafe won't turn off

pjs2767
Chatterbox
Message 19 of 19

As requested I'm starting a separate thread to deal with my own problem I mentioned on another thread below.  A few days ago KidSafe started blocking sites although I had not turned it on.  The screen sometimes says blocked by KidSafe but more often I get the error message ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR telling me 'This site can't provide a secure connection' and that it gave an invalid response.  I tried accessing random sites in categories usually blocked by KidSafe and got the same problem over both my devices.  The KidSafe control panel says KidSafe is off.  I tried turning it on and off, but when trying to turn it on it simply jumps back to saying it is off, while all the time it is still actually on!  Switching off computer and router overnight makes no difference.  The problem has now lasted three days.

18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

I've changed nothing back, the reason being as I was waiting to hear back from you. In all honesty it's best for you to do it as you'll be able to monitor the changes as you make them. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Everything appears to be working ok. Have you returned the other settings to their previous values or do you want me to do it?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Is everything working ok?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Google search settings are now changeable. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi Bob-wood, I've reset your kidsafe settings and turned off scam protection and virus alerts. This is purely while we test. Please retest and let me know what happens. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

April 1st

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Ok and when did you last reboot your router? 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Checking my first post on this issue it was dated 31st March. I had noticed the issue a few days earlier when trying to resolve the Kidsafe problem.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi Bob-wood, did your issue start on or around 30 March or was it in effect before that? 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Yes, still returns to “on” after changing to “off” and saving. According to Google help is probably being reset by ISP.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi Bob-wood,

How are you getting on, are you still experiencing this problem?

Chris

0 Likes

Bob-wood
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 19

As requested, restarted router after 30 min shutdown and all appears ok except unable to switch off “hide explicit content” in a google search. It just reverts to ON all the time.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi Pibnbob, there was work done last night to clear the incident, please reboot your router and post back to let us know how you got on. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Bob-wood, there was work done last night to clear the incident, please reboot your router and post back to let us know how you got on. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19
I chatted with a TalkTalk technician online on Saturday. It took a while but the problem was resolved.
0 Likes

Bob-wood
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 19

I too have been suffering the same  problem for a few days now. Have tried all the suggestions, clear cache and cookies, restart router, turn kidsafe on and then off again, all without success. This must be a TT issue as it happens on all my devices connected via WiFi, but not if I connect via 4G mobile.

i have read on older posts that this could require TT technicians to reset. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

We are experiencing the same problem. A household of two adults which has suddenly been blocked from watching adult content by Kidsafe which we dont need! How can we resolve this?

pjs2767
Chatterbox
Message 18 of 19

Although the problem briefly went away last night, it is back again today.  I see from other threads that several other people are encountering the same problem.