Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account Log In Problem

MichaelFLong
Participant
Message 16 of 16

The TalkTalk MyAccount web site or at least the login page, seems to have changed since I last logged in.  I  now find that when I enter my user name (which is my email address from a .org.uk domain) the user  name is rejected with the message  "".org.uk" is not a valid domain".  I have been online chatting to an agent on the chat service and I am told my email address is invalid.  

My email is working perfectly and the address and the domain are perfectly legitimate, but TalkTalk will not accept it now, so I am unable to access my account.  Can anyone explain why?  Is this a fault and a temporary problem?  Is it a problem with the design/build of the new UI for the web site?  What is going on?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi MichaelFLong, I've raised this to the team to repair the account. Unfortunately, I have no more control over the process than that. If you want to take it further that right is yours. If you take a look at the bottom of every TalkTalk webpage you'll see the complaints process. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Ady,

It is now three weeks since you last updated me and advised that I had been added to the list of customers affected by "this incident", and over 6 weeks since I first reported the problem.   As far as I am aware, the issue is still not resolved, I have received no updates, I have no idea when the issue will be resolved and I still cannot access MyAccount on line to check bills,  manipulate my boosters, change my call barring details etc.  This is getting ridiculous - how and to whom can I escalate this as I am getting very angry now?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

The incident is the for customers who can't register and leaves no trace on the account. We'll update the details regularly and will let you know when it's resolved. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

MichaelFLong
Participant
Message 4 of 16

What is this "latest incident"?  How will I know when the matter has been resolved and I can log in again or will I have to re-register?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

I'll have to add you to the list of customers affected by the latest incident.  This unfortunately doesn't have an estimated fix date, but you'll be on the affected list. 

Ady

0 Likes

MichaelFLong
Participant
Message 6 of 16

Ady,

I received the email verification message - the link in that email which is labelled "confirm your email address" actually takes me to the MyAccount registration form, and which, when I fill it in and submit it, tells me I am already registered.  So I then try to log in rather than register, and my previous password is not recognised.  So I then try to reset my password, and it tells me my email address is not recognised!!!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

I can clear the charge for paper billing that's an easy fix. The chat agent seems to have misunderstood the problem as there's no 24 hour fix for a MyAccount registration issue.  You should have an email in your chosen mailbox for the verification of the registration process. Would you check all your folders including spam/junk for the email?

Ady

0 Likes

MichaelFLong
Participant
Message 8 of 16

Ady,

I still have no progress in re-gaining access to My Account.  I had a chat session yesterday with somebody called Lorenze who, after getting me to register on a different physical device which he assured me would work (but didn’t), I was then told there is an ongoing problem recorded in his “resources” with the registration process on the web site.  He advised I should wait 24 hours and it should all work.  Well I have just tried again and you can guess….its still not working.

Not only that but, I presume as a result of your deregistering my account on Tuesday, my paperless bill setting has been lost and I received a paper bill in the post yesterday – along with an additional charge of £2.75 for the privilege!!  This is unacceptable.

What do I need to do to get this sorted?  I am rapidly running out of patience.  Also, what do I need to do to get somebody to credit my account with the £2.75 paper bill charge and , as I cannot do it myself, reset the paperless billing flag to prevent further paper bills in future?

0 Likes

MichaelFLong
Participant
Message 9 of 16

Ady,

All my bills are electronic via MyAccount and not paper so I have nothing to check against without being able to log in.  I renewed my contract for home broadband in December 2021, and that renewal quoted my contract number.  However, that is the number that is being rejected when I try to re-register.  I have no way of confirming that number is in fact correct.  How do I get round this?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Your account number is on all your bills. Are you able to check it there.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Ady,

I have attempted to re-register as advised but am getting an error message "It looks like your details haven't been recognised. Check to make sure you've typed everything in correctly."

The only thing that is potentially incorrect is the mandatory account number - I have entered correctly the number that I believe is my account number based on the contract I renewed in December 2021, but the only way I can check is to log in to MyAccount!!!  Can you verify what my account number is?  Or can I alternatively use the landline number that is on the contract?  Or is there some other issue?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi jasonW39, if you start a new topic I'll be happy to help you with your problem.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi MichaelFLong, apologies for the delay. Thanks for providing the security information. I've deregistered your MyAccount you'll now be able to register again and that should alleviate any problems you've had. 

Ady

0 Likes

MichaelFLong
Participant
Message 14 of 16

Ady,

I completed the security details from as per you PM but have heard nothing since - can you advise what is happening please?

regards

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi MichaelFLong,  I can take a look at this for you. I've sent you a persoanl message to get more information.

Ady

0 Likes