Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My contract with talktalk ended, but my talktalk antivirus still works

6 REPLIES 6
cryptophilic222
Repeat Guest

My contract with TalkTalk ended, but my TalkTalk antivirus is still working (it's been a few months).

I want to know if it's meant to be like that or Talktalk is not doing its part right?

I like Talktalk online defence very much, but I don't want to take advantage of the fact that Talktalk may not have done its part right.

I tried to find a way to contact Talktalk via Online Chat, but I couldn't.

What am I supposed to do now?

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @cryptophilic222 are you being billed for anything? If not I would struggle to worry!

Presumably you have a new isp? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
cryptophilic222
Repeat Guest

No, I'm not being charged with any things. 

The thing is, my TalkTalk contract was transferred from one person to another in the middle of the contract.

And the TalkTalk antivirus software can still be logged in using the email address first registered with Talktalk, but not the new email(s) of the later owner. 

(the 1st owner and the later owner are family members anyway)

cryptophilic222
Repeat Guest

I need help from Talktalk staff about this.

Should I just uninstall the software (it's against my moral codes if take advantage of things) ?

or The Antivirus software is supposed to be free forever?

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi cryptophilic222, I would imagine that as the contract is still intact with a 3rd party, that they are paying for the service and simply haven't removed your licence from the 10 they'll be paying for. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

cryptophilic222
Repeat Guest

Thanks OCE_Ady, but it's been roughly 3 months since the contract between the 3rd party and Talktalk ended. Basically, none of us is using Talktalk anymore. And the Talktalk antivirus (F-secure) is still working.

It was a 4 year-long contract, and I transferred the ownership to my mom after 2 years, my mom then changed to another broadband provider after 2 years. During the last 2 years, Talktalk homesafe subscription was still valid using my email address (not my mom's even though she was the sole owner of the contract)

But even when my mom changed her broadband provider, the TalkTalk homesafe subscription is still valid (I know because I've been using it until now)

The reason I created this thread is that I'm worried my use of the Talktalk homesafe may be against my moral codes (in case Talktalk staff forgot to cancel the homesafe subscription). 

cryptophilic222
Repeat Guest