Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My website is blacklisted wrongly

Swycherley
Popular Poster
Message 27 of 27

IMG_20210713_220603.jpg

Hi, I'm a talk talk customer and whilst at home I tried to browse my website www.cbdna.co.uk but got the following message 'warning homesafe suspects this site contains a virus'.

Now I know it doesn't, it had a malware attack about a month ago and we have since paid a lot of money for the best security possible. Google have taken us off the blacklist 2 weeks ago but I cannot seem to get in touch with anyone at talk talk who will fix this issue. BT were very good and checked the website and removed the blacklist straight away. Technical support cannot offer me any assistance and keep rying to bounce me back to business technical support who won't help as I am a residential customer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

That would be how I read the answer from Security.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Swycherley
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 27

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk so it's just kidsafe and homesafe is allowing? If that's the case I can accept that. Just need to be clear it's accessible without kidsafe and no other messing about 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

I've had a very quick reply from my colleagues. 

"Thank you for your email.

This is correct the site is still inaccessible with kidsafe switched on. All CBD is categorized as drugs, the kidsafe is in place to protect children from accessing certain sites. If anybody wishes to access the site they just need to switch kidsafe off, customers can also add certain domains to their allow list. 

Kind Regards

TalkTallk Security Team"

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 27

I've passed on your comments.

Ady

Swycherley
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 27

Morning @Ady-TalkTalk thanks for the update. Do you mean homesafe kidsafe? The website is not selling drugs BTW and we are fully licensed, we sell CBD supplements, there are no drugs in what we sell, this is false. Who is in control of that department? I can only guess its someone who doesn't understand anything about cannabidiol, it contains no THC, you cannot get high from it and it is legal to sell in the UK. Can you please go back to them? This is getting ridiculous https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/cbd-oil-cannabis-cannabidiol-legal-uk-health-benefits-a3946066....

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Morning, I've had an email last night. 

"We have reviewed the following website: www.cbdna.co.uk

The website has been removed from the Phishing category. However, please note it will remain on category Drugs and will still be inaccessible with TalkTalk Homesafe enabled."

Ady

Swycherley
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 27

Morning @Ady-TalkTalk I wasn't contacted by anyone yesterday and the website is still blocked. Can you please push them to get this fixed and contact me? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

It's been passed for review. I have no idea of the work schedule of the team today nor the process that they'll follow before re classifying the site. I'd hope it's completed today for you. 

Ady

0 Likes

Swycherley
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 27

Will do @Ady-TalkTalk it's important this is removed as quickly as possible. I'm shocked since they've been made aware that they haven't removed the warning yet. I really do not want to be forced to go down the legal route. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Let us know when you hear back from the team. 

Ady

0 Likes

Swycherley
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 27

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk , I have no problem with the kids filters, it's the false claim there could be a virus and stopping people accessing the site when it was resolved 3 weeks ago. If it was their spam filters, they should be sweeping more to rectify blacklisting once the websites are put right, this has cost us thousands. Whilst it's my responsibility to ensure we don't get hacked, it does happen to the highest profile websites, we've spent a lot of money rectifying it and putting the top possible security on the site to ensure it doesn't happen again. ISPs should have a legal obligation to protect businesses the same as they do customers. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

I'm told it was first picked up by the spam filters and it will probably remain in the kidsafe filters. 

Ady

0 Likes

Swycherley
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 27

Thanks for your help @Ady-TalkTalk it's just so sad the amount of hassle people have to go through to make sure their business isn't ruined through mistakes. There could be legal ramifications if it were a big website but I'm sure talktalk would give them priority. There definitely needs to be a direct contact 

Message 14 of 27

I've just had word that once the review is complete that they'll contact you. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Thanks for the information Plusnet and BT will be the same they're the same company. The problem is having a team to deal with the issues is there's no profit for the ISPs. I guess I'll keep campaigning for change.

Ady

0 Likes

Swycherley
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 27

Morning @Ady-TalkTalk BT was simple, spoke to their customer service who called their shield team direct and they emailed back within 4 hours to confirm the blacklisting had been removed. Plusnet was the same, sky have been as bad as talktalk. It's ridiculous because its a simple check, one search on Google confirms the site is safe and no virus threat, literally takes 30 seconds max. There needs to be a better system, this sort of thing costs people money. 

Message 17 of 27

Hi Swycherley, I've had word back that your site is being reviewed with a view to recategorisation. I've no idea if you'll be contacted, I think it's unlikely. Out of interest how did you contact the other ISPs to get the site reviewed? I've been campaigning for a webmaster address to be setup for non customers to use for several years and would be interested to know if that's how you got this sorted with others.

Ady

0 Likes

Swycherley
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 27

Hi @Gondola thanks for your input. Funny enough when you type in https:// followed by the website the kidsafe nor the homesafe blocks it but I don't know anyone that types that in, most just add www and the website and it gets blocked by talk talk as having possible virus threat. It's a simple issue to fix but getting hold of the right people seems to be impossible. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Just to add that your website will be categorised as one of the sites that HomeSafe KidsSafe will automatically block. I wouldn't expect the KidsSafe block to be removed. 

That's my opinion FWIW. You'd need to advise your prospective adult purchasers to check their HomeSafe KidsSafe settings. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 20 of 27

I've no idea if it's part of the process if not there's a reason for it. 

Ady

0 Likes