Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call from Talk Talk

Ani1234
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

I first received a phone call from talk talk on my landline not many know this number so i had no reason to query the call at first but they were saying that my IP internet was being used by other users and asked me to go to my computer which at the time i could not so they asked for my mobile number. they called me and asked me to go to my search box and type in CMD then Assoc and a list of IP addresses came up they said that these IP address were the ones that  were overseas and accessing my internet account, so unsure if this is true. then asked me to start typing in another ID address but i paused as i am not technical and would not know what they would be talking about and i also checked that my wireless connection showed that my WFI was secured. I told them that i would rather contact talk talk before i go any further but would be happy to be contacted once i know that this call was genuine. they number called to my mobile was 01615201229 can you please tell me if this call was genuine.

A Gore
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi Ani1234, this is a very old scam still doing the rounds. It wasn't TalkTalk who called, we don't make those type of calls. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Message 2 of 5

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=01615201229+

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

3rd party websites report people having doubts about it.

Worth adding that number to Talktalk's own Check &Report, @Ani1234:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Check-and-Report/bd-p/check-and-report

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Steer clear, @Ani1234, this sort if thing is a well-known scam.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.