Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received offensive private message from talktalk member

WykeM
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

So, I've just had an email alerting me to a private message, which turns out to be rather offensive.  Where can I report this talktalk member?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi all, we're sorry that the spammers managed to get messages through to you. We've blocked the sender now and will continue to block any future spam. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 19

@Auntyp @Rossity  @Scotfree53   With guidance from @Gondola I clicked on the username and the subject heading (in bold) which brought up the report and ignore buttons which allowed me to ignore the user and report the messages easily.  I copied/pasted the message as part of the report.  (Don't click on the link contained within the message obviously!)

Message 3 of 19

I also received an offensive personal message yesterday. I would like to delete it, but can't see  how to. Also, I couldn't find the report button mentioned.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

I also received one of these offensive messages. I would like to delete it, but can't see how to do that. Also, I couldn't find the report button mentioned in the guidance - although I see that this instance of abuse has already

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19
I too have received this message and could find nowhere to report it as offensive!!
As usual sent round the houses trying to find anything
0 Likes

Message 6 of 19
Busy girl ... different names but mine was the same.
0 Likes

Scotfree53
Team Player
Message 7 of 19
For attention of the Community Team, I also received the following offensive message today:
Snapdragons 6 hours ago
obscured for decency
0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi WykeM 

Perfect.

Thanks for taking time out to let TalkTalk know. You may or may not get an individual TalkTalk acknowledgement (I hope they do take the time to acknowledge and let you know the outcome) but in any event you have our thanks and apologies that you've seen a side of Community that really shouldn't happen. @StephenF for information.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 9 of 19
Sorted!
Thanks for your help and patience @Gondola

Message 10 of 19

Received and replied.

Just to add that the members involved in this wave of offensive PM spamming have been reported to TalkTalk.  Your report will reinforce to TalkTalk the harmful impact this has on our members.

Thanks, Gondola

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19
PM sent @Gondola

Message 12 of 19

OK, so you have clicked on the envelope icon which shows you the Inbox. Just the one Personal Message. 

Click on the subject title that's in bold on the line immediately below the sender's avatar. It usually starts off Hey or Howdy or Hi...

Message 13 of 19

OK, I logged out and back in.  Clicked on envelope next to profile pic and the dodgy message opens immediately.  No list as it's the only personal message I've received.  I'm not sure about uploading a screenshot of it here ... there is no report or ignore option.   This is very frustrating and is using up your Sunday afternoon.  I'll just ignore it but would have liked to report it.  Thank you for your help though! 

talktalk download2.jpg

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi WykeM 

• Select the envelope icon by your avatar top right when signed in to Community
  • Select the subject of the message (in bold text)
  • You should now see the full message not just the Inbox list summary
  • The Ignore link is to the right of the sender's avatar
  • The Report link is to the bottom left of the message

If you don't see those then screenshot what you do see and post here using the Insert Photos camera icon above this Reply area.

Message 15 of 19

Thank you for this - how strange, I have looked, but do not have even this page!  My private message page doesn't look like the one you've linked.  I'm on my laptop (not a smartphone if that makes a difference?).  No matter what I do, or which links I follow, I seem to be unable to either report or ignore the sender (who joined today).  I do appreciate your attempts to help me @Gondola

I'll keep trying ...

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi WykeM 

Personal Messages - Ignore and Report

Does this screenshot assist you?

• Select Ignore to block a member from sending you unsolicited messages
  • Select Report to submit an abuse report to TalkTalk

Message 17 of 19

Thank you @Gondola  for your reply - I'm afraid I can't see a report message link anywhere on the page or message.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

Hi @WykeM 

Sorry to see you've been sent an unwelcome personal message. There's a report link bottom left of the message.

TalkTalk have been alerted to this spate of unsolicited abuse.