Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Resetting my password does not work

6 REPLIES 6
carrotts
Participant

Hi, 

I cannot reset my talktalk account password. I have spent a few hours dealing with online chat who make me carry out the same ineffective tasks, and then tell me someone will be in touch the following day, but no-one gets in touch. I have a copy of the last chat script, and the tech support even gives me a support case number to reassure me someone will solve my problem. I don't know why my password even changed, I didn't do it and I simply had to use the password stored in my browser. 

When I follow the password reset process it eventually stops with a message in a red banner at the top that says there has been a problem. 

Thanks 

Dave

Michelle-TalkTalk
Community Team - TT Staff

Hello,

Could I just confirm, are you referring to the email password or your My Account password?

Thanks

carrotts
Participant
It's the my account password
Thanks
Dave
Ady-TalkTalk

Hi Dave, if the email address is a TalkTalk owned mailbox I'd reset the email password at Password Reset Tool and then try logging into MyAccount again. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

carrotts
Participant
No, the email address is an outlook address.

Thanks 

Dave

Ady-TalkTalk

AHmmm. We could try deregistering and reregistering for you. I've sent you a personal message to get more information so that I can do this for you. It won't cause any loss of service just give you good access to your MyAccount. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

carrotts
Participant
Thanks very much, that sounds great. I can't see any personal messages though, where should I look.
Thanks
Dave