Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Protection - Anydesk

Zena_Graham
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Dear TalkTalk,

My husband needs to use AnyDesk to enable full home working, but apparently your scam protection blocks this - can you remove it so he can connect?

Thanks.

Zena

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

I'm a bit confused about the simplistic approach here. A lot actually.

I need to get to teamviewer.com ,which means if i turn off scam protection, just to be able to work remotely I become vulnerable?

1. When a user gets the block page, can we please edit the link so it actually points to the correct tool. Instead of requiring a user to guess which tool needs turning off. The error page has the scam logo on it, which does not at all match, the network setup page boxes which we get presented with. The link-through needs to be better.

2. I tried using a DNS edit, and flush to use an external DNS, but that did not seem to work. This is intentional, or just Ubuntu not flushing my DNS cache?

C

I occasionally try help others, I suggest: Power down modem for 2 minutes. Go to your community profile and add your phone number, relax. Nobody can see it. Do not bump your thread, the support queue here is bottom-up.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Can you remove Anydesk from my account too? 
even better, could you let me choose which sites I would like to overwrite myself?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Stephen

I am having the same problem as Zena, my wife is having to work from home on Anydesk but your scam protection is blocking connection can you help get this removed.

Kind regrds

Simon

Noggy
0 Likes

StephenF
Community Manager
Message 4 of 7

Hey, 

Thanks for the info, we've now removed Scam Protect from your line, take care and stay safe 🙂

Thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Message 5 of 7

Hey, 

I've just sent you a private message with some questions, if you could reply to the message please and we'll get scam protection removed from your line

Thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager
0 Likes

Zena_Graham
First Timer
Message 6 of 7

I'd be grateful if this could be done as soon as possible. 

Kind Regards,

Zena

0 Likes