Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Protection and TeamViewer

DCWhitworth
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I'm trying to support my Mother in Law on her laptop and Scam Protection is blocking use of TeamViewer. The principle of Scam Protection is good and she wants it turned on. It is disappointing there is no whitelist ability with this feature.

So can anyone recommend an easy to use alternative to TeamViewer that will work with Scam Protect turned on ? Are Talk Talk prepared to say what remote control software is blocked ? I don't want to turn off Scam Protection nor do I wish to spend hours trialling software until I find something that works.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

We've done what we belive is best for our customers and we have seen reports of customers being scammed dropped significantly as a result. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5
Thanks for your reply. It's not a very helpful situation unfortunately, those people who most need scam protection are also high on the list of those people who would benefit from remote support and also high on the list of people who have trouble being talked through things. It's going to be a drag trying to talk her through turning it off and on again over the phone. It's a shame Talk Talk haven't added a whitelist feature to a potentially useful service.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi DCWhitworth, scam protection is there to block all remote access to protect our customers from the many scammers. The only way round it is for the account holder to turn it off. Hopefully, you've managed to get that sorted now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

To protect their customers, I don't think TalkTalk would wish to divulge a package that can get around scam protection.

However, if it's a one off support, you mother in law can turn it off for the duration of your help within My Account, and once you have concluded your support, turn it back on again.

Instructions areas follows.
If you go to my account, you can turn Scam Protection off there.
To do so:
1 Log in to MyAccount
2 Select My Services
3 Select View HomeSafe settings
4 Select OFF and confirm when you see the pop-up window

You may also need to disable any pop up blocker you may have installed

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).