Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam email

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 8

Anything that looks like this, report as Spam and delete immediately!

Screenshot_20220303-080621_Gmail.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
7 REPLIES 7

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 8

Thanks for letting me know. I did raise it, but it seems no changes have been made yet.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 8

Another one of these, not going to my Talktalk Spam box.

20220329_225329.jpg

Displayed as above (as Spam) in Gmail.

So, Talktalk still letting these through, @Ady-TalkTalk. I've forwarded it to your phishing report.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Gliwmaeden2, thanks for raising this to us. I'll highlight this to our mail product manager to see if they are doing anything about this now or in the future.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 8

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 

Thanks for reporting the scam message. Gmail is obviously ahead of the scammers in already fingerprinting and tagging the scam/spam mail.

Do carry on marking these as spam as the more reports that the Cloudmark intelligence engine gets the better it gets at identifying and blocking the undesirable mail.

Your message features at the top of the current list of phishing scams.

Help with Phishing emails

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

A further scam email. Customers may start to fall for it as it looks more plausible, despite certain things which I'll not spell out, in case the scammers read these forums!

Forwarded to gmail, it displays like this:

Screenshot_20220315-090527_Gmail.jpg

In my Talktalk inbox, it just displayed more innocently:

Screenshot_20220315-090906_Email.jpg

@Ady-TalkTalk, while Gmail is automatically marking it as Spam, Talktalk is allowing this to slip through, despite me marking the first in this thread as Spam previously. 

Message 6 of 8

Terrible...a new turnover on your BT Internet emails? I thought two faced BT emails were not happening until the start of next month? When BT put your emails on the front and back of the screen and you just flip the screen over to continue reading.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Wow that's a terrible scam mail isn't it. 

Ady