Did you mean: 
Need help?

Scam protection and Teamviewer connection

10 REPLIES 10
mission7
Chatterbox

Hi all

Another connection (Rant) issue with Teamviewer,

I hoping someone from support could resolve this problem, Talktalk blocking Teamviewer site and application on my account.  Contacted support, who did not seem to know about this problem? Followed their scripted instructions but the problem wasn’t resolved by the end of the call, Reset scam protection settings, rebooted computer, rebooted router, tried another computer…… all the normal diagnostics. By the end of the call I was informed they have done everything they can at their end, it should be working! There is nothing more I can do she said. I network manage two local schools and use Teamviewer for work related problems, I can’t just say  to them “there is nothing more I can do” when they have problem, the problem has to be resolved. My only option now is to look for another ISP, this is not a problem with my Teamviewer account as it works correctly if I use my friends connection at his house.

Thank you

KeithFrench
Community Star

This forum is for residential customer's only, not business ones like the school networks you are trying to manage. They will have to disable scam protection from their MyAccount & accept the security risks this can pose. This is again though all based around residential customer's. 

If this does not meet your requirements, please consult the TalkTalk Business website:-

https://partners.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/contact-us/

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

LonZATT
First Timer

Hi

I am equally frustrated with talktalk's lack of resolvement with these basic type of connection issues.

They are useless to try and help with CHat.

Has anyone got a work around please?

mission7
Chatterbox

HI Keith

To confirm  I am a residential customer, i dont need to be a business user to access Teamviewer, from my residential premises.. yes i dial into my workstation at work, i also dial into my Mums/Sisters computer to fix their problems, does that make me a business user? thats not the problem!

Talk Talk were forced to Implement this fix when they allowed their customer data base to be excessed, no other ISP blocks Teamviewer application that i know of. The customers and users of Teamviewer are the ones suffering.

Unsure why you say  "my school has to disable scam protection" they are behind a private firewalled network, they dont use this type of whitelisting. this problem only affects connection to Teamviewer website and application for users of Talktalk.

mission7
Chatterbox
Work around seems to be moving to another ISP, not really what you want to hear! Looking like that's what i will be forced to do.
KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @mission7

From what I understand it is the schools broadband networks that you are trying to use TeamViewer to access? Have you unblocked TeamViewer on your TalkTalk account, I assume it is only necessary on incoming connections, but I don't know where the block is applied.

If the schools are TalkTalk customers (these are surely business customers), they will need to disable it as well.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

mission7
Chatterbox

Hi Keith,

No they are not Talk Talk customers, and to confirm its all connections to devices in my Teamviewer account, after installing my other test gaming router to my system last night the teamviewer taskbar  (been red since the problem started last week) icon showed green, this still didnt give me access to my Teamviewer account, but did give me access to their website, which it didnt before. Checking some notes id made i discovered some different setting id made to my gaming machine. Because of this im now able to access both the website and the application, i wont post the fix here but will tell TT support and ask them if they have updated anything from last week, and leave it to them to rectify the problem.

Thanks 

-npr-
Team Player

I'm new here so may be missing something. But why not just turn off scam protection in "My account". I've done this assuming it fixes all these issues, is this not the case?

mission7
Chatterbox
Hi,
Did all of that and more, new router was sent from TT i was close to leaving for another ISP after TT support said they couldn't do anymore to help
joe35
Chatterbox

Hi,

I have tried all of the above, have had a 1hr+ chat with talktalk and have yet to resolve this issue.

I have been locked out of Teamviewer for over 2 days now and really need this for work.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @joe35

You cannot use someone else's thread.

If you would like to get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer.

Thanks.

Keith