Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

ScamProtection & Teamviewer

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES 4
Ralphporter
Popular Poster

Hi, Had a long and frustrating chat with CS during which time I'm sure they never really understood my question or could offer any intelligent response. ScamProtection is blocking TeamViewer - this is a recognised fact, my question is this, can I remove just TeamViewer from the ScamProtection exclusion list ? I was eventually told by CS that I could and they sent me a guide that didn't explain how, as far I can see I can only turn ScamProtection on and off globally, doesn't appear to be any granular control. Could someone who understands my question please give me a answer?

Many Thanks,

Ralph.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Ralph

You can enable TeamViewer whilst still having Scam Protection on to provide continued protection against scammers. 

To allow or block TeamViewer as a single entity:

• Click on My Services (grey header bar)
  • Click on View HomeSafe settings (drop-down list)
  • Under the KidsSafe setting which should be On
    Click on Choose which websites to block or allow
    Add teamviewer.com and click on Allow to show a green dot
    (When not needed click on Block to show a red dot)
  • Click the blue Save changes button
  • Allow 5 minutes for the change to be sent to the network

You should now be good to go. Remember that if you remotely connect to other TalkTalk customer devices then those customers need to enable TeamViewer.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Ralphporter
Popular Poster

Hi, Thanks for the response, but I don't have Kidsafe on just ScamProtection....

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Ralphporter

To be able to individually select and enable TeamViewer you first need to enable KidsSafe.  You can, if you wish uncheck all of the categories in KidsSafe so it's not blocking groups of sites and then just use the individual blocking / enabling feature as I've described.

You wanted granularity. I'm advising you how to achieve your requirements. It does work. It's tried and tested and I've just tested it again to make sure. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Ralphporter
Popular Poster

Many thanks Gondola, Yes I see it works, though not entirely logical, but you can't have everything I guess 🙂