Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperSafe for Windows 10

iandixon1
First Timer
Message 15 of 15

Due to my own stupidity i reset my windows 10. I lost supersafe and have been trying to get it back for a week or so now. I log in with the same email and password that activates my account and my bill appears without a problem!  but it will not send me an activation code as it says it will. HELP

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

That's great news. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Success at last!! Many thanks for you help

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 15

Hi iandixon, I've resent the welcome and password reset mails. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

many thanks

Message 5 of 15

Escalated. Will hopefully be picked up on Monday.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

yes

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

...just to confirm please... you've updated the @iandixon1 profile that will be escalated by this topic?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Done as requested

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

...before I escalate this to OCE_Ady which Community profle are you using?

You started this topic with @iandixon1 and now you're replying with @iandixon

The escalation will automatically be with @iandixon1 so I need to advise Ady where to look for your email address that you use for your MyAccount billing.

Perhaps best to ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and pick up the email address from there.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

...In that case you do need OCE_Ady to reset your SuperSafe registration from the original tiscali email address to your new email address. Ady will hopefully pick this up from Monday onwards.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

No my original email address disappeared into the ether a month ego (a tiscali.co.uk address) so in a moment of madness i reset windows 10 .managed to get most things reinstated under a new address (see above) but can not get supersafe etc 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Ian

Are you still using the original email address that you registered SuperSafe Boost with and can you access the email account for that email address.

If you can then go to log into the SuperSafe Account but click on the forgot my password? link below the login.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

No progress . still in the same loop .I have removed the residue of supersafe as directed but it will still not let me log on or send me a code.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi Ian

You'll only be sent the activation email once so you should always keep that safe. When you say you reset Windows 10, I assume that was a full reinstall of Windows 10.

Did you completely uninstall the former copy of SuperSafe Boost and release the former SuperSafe Boost licence for the Windows 10 device?

To completely uninstall SuperSafe Boost download and run the f-Secure uninstall tool for Windows devices.

To release a license:

• Select the device you’d like to release the license from
  • Click Release license
  • Again, click Release license

To add a licence to the SuperSafe Account:

• Choose Add Device
  • The SuperSafe Boost installer will open and the Windows option will already be highlighted
  • Choose Continue
    A notification will appear on screen
  • Select Run
  • The software will need permission to make changes on your PC, click Yes
  • Login to SuperSafe Boost using your email address and password
  • Once logged in you’ll need to give your Windows 10 device a name
  • Choose Continue
  • Accept the terms and conditions by clicking Accept and install
    Your Windows 10 device is now protected, and you can manage your license through your SuperSafe Account

Let me know how it went.

0 Likes