Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperSafe installation on my iMac

Paul_Barry
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

The SuperSafe software installed on my iMac appears not to be working and the icon at the top of the screen is now missing. The SuperSafe installation on my MacBook Pro is still fully operational.

When I log onto my SuperSafe account and click on my iMac the following message is displayed - 

This device has not connected to SuperSafe Account during the last two weeks.

Check that the device can connect to the internet and Online Defence app status is "Protected".

Can you please assist in resolving this problem for me.

Regards

Paul Barry

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Great Stuff Paul. I'm delighted to hear it's working as it should. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Andy, I've managed to uninstall the the existing Supersafe software on my iMac, released the old licence and installed the new Supersafe software, all appears to be working fine. 

Many thanks.

Paul

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 10

Follow the guidance in the link I posted earlier. And our friend is Ady, not Andy.  😉

Message 4 of 10

Hi Andy many thanks for the response. Supersafe was working with the previous version of BigSur. Can you please give me some guidance on how to remove and reinstall the new supersafe software assuming it won't use up another licence.

Paul

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

I've checked and SuperSafe does support the new version on BigSur. If you're having problems the quickest and easiest fix is to remove and then reinstall the software. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 10

Hi Paul_Barry, was the software working on the previous version of macos?

Ady

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

That I do not know I am afraid. Others may be able to advise, perhaps reach out to F Secure themselves? 

0 Likes

Paul_Barry
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

Hi Ferguson, many thanks, it looks as if Supersafe is not yet compatible with the latest version of Big Sur 11.4. Is it likely that when a new version of Supersafe is available I will have to uninstall the version already on my iMac and install the new version of when it becomes available or will it be a simple update procedure? When will I know when a new compatible version is be available?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Have a look at the support article, if necessary do a complete uninstall followed by a clean install:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Online-Defence-on-Mac-OS/ta-p/2635065