Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

SuperSafe on mobile using lots of mobile data

10 REPLIES 10
rolando
Whizz Kid

Hi,

My daughter has SuperSafe installed on her Android mobile and this is working fine. This month she mentioned that her mobile data allowance (500 Mb) was running low. I looked at the Data usage expectiong to find it was due to some game she was playing on the phone but instead it showed that SuperSafe had used more than 100 Mb of her mobile data in the last 3 weeks. This seems a bit odd and looking at her past mobile data usage SuperSafe never used this much data.

Can anyone explain what SuperSafe is doing and how we can manage this?

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi rolando. does your daughter have updates set to update over wifi only? I've asked the question for you and will post back with the reply. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

rolando
Whizz Kid

Do you mean system updates or App updates?

There is an issue with her phone not doing system updates over our WiFi so have done them on Mobile data once or twice. I did suspect HomeSafe might be blocking it but could not find the url for system downloads to add to trusted websites. Her phone is a Moto E3.

OCE_Ady

I was trying to suss out if the phone might have done an Fsecure update that would account for the 100mb. I'll have a word with the team to see if they can explain what might use the data. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

rolando
Whizz Kid
That's great, thanks
OCE_Ady

I'll post back as soon as they reply. 

rolando
Whizz Kid

Ady,

Did you get a reply?

OCE_Ady

No not yet, I'll chase them again now. 

OCE_Ady

I've had a reply now. The usage is normal browsing data. Here's how it's been explained to me.

"This is the result of the customer browsing using the SAFE browser. This usage would show as being from the SuperSafe app when in fact it is just the user browsing that’s resulting in the high data usage."

I hope that helps you. 

rolando
Whizz Kid

Yes, that is helpful.

Many thanks

OCE_Ady

You're welcome.