Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperSafe problem

rogerb246
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

I have a problem adding my Windows 10 PC back into SuperSafe Boost.

Recently, I accidentally un-registered it when I mistook it for an old PC which I no longer wanted to use and this prevents me from adding it back on. There was a suggestion that cancelling my SuperSafe Boost and then re-installing it, would restore the PC licence. This did not work but I now wonder if that was due to re-installing it too quickly. Maybe I should cancel SuperSafe and then wait until after the end of the accounting period, to make sure it is fully cancelled. I am hoping to get confirmation of this action or alternative suggestions, before going ahead with it.

rogerb
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi rogerb246, there's no situation that requires you to remove the boost from your account to fix a problem with installation on a device.

What you almost certainly need to do is use the Fsecure removal tool to ensure that all components of the software are removed properly. If that doesn't work check that the licence for that device is cleared in SuperSafe account and if not revoke it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes